• Not now, but possibly in further down the road.

Roughly a week before the first plane was flown, the New York Times wrote an article about how flight might be possible in a couple thousand years... They were proven wrong a few days later.... We now see their prediction as ridiculous. Albert Einstein stated that time travel might be possible as one approaches the speed of light.... Currently we do not have the technology to accelerate objects to that speed, except for subatomic particles.. So maybe in the next century or so they ill develop a way to do this and think our doubt of time travel is ridiculous, also.

• Never Say Never

We will eventually see the day when time travel is possible. The rate that technology is advancing is ridiculous these days and leads me to believe that we will eventually travel through time. Unfortunately, I think this day is far into the future and it will not be happening any time soon

• I think it could be possible

It's real I believe as of today we have a lot more advanced technology and a lot of smart people. If we can figure out ways to cure the incurable .We can find away to time travel. Our technology could be developed better . We came from no technology at all now look at us we use it in everyday life. They might already know a way to time travel. It's always a flaw in the system.

• I believe it could be

It's Real I believe as of today we have a lot more advanced technology and a lot of smart people. If we can figure out ways to cure the incurable .We can find a way to time travel. Our technology could be developed better . We came from no technology at all now look at us we use it in everyday life. They might already know a way to time travel. It's always a flaw in the system.

• The effects of time travelling

Yes it's possible, but think about the side effects that involve the the universe and the way things work! We could age quicker if we travel a lot. There's also the space frame we got to consider, we might destroy it. And besides, we can not change the past, because one little change, may affect everything in the past.
    EG Let's say somebody hit you, you decide to go back in time to stop that peron from hitting you. Once you do, you'll lose memory of that person hitting you,so that gets rid of the thought of going back in time to stop that person. So you end up not going back in time, so that person still hits you.

• Time Travel is possible

Time travel has yet been achievable over any meaningful time span. Time travel is another dimension but has yet been understood enough and experimented with enough in order for significant progress to have been made in this field. However in the future intelligence collated by scientists will allow major developments in time travel. Time travel forward will probably be easier to master than going back in time. However I think one day both will be achievable. I think at least we will become intelligent enough to send messages back to the past if not actually revisit the past. I don't think that any paradoxes would get in the way of this as I believe once you revisit the past and change an event you will be going forward in time in a different universe to the previous one.

• Time travel will be possible

I work in technology and technology and science have no limit. I believe the LHC in the next twenty years if not sooner will make it possible to send messages back in time. But I don't believe you will ever send a person back in time, who knows, but messages definitely and when that happens events can be stopped and deceased people will be propelled into the present. Exciting time.

• In theory it is possible.

Based on relativity, yes you are be able to travel in time.

In relation to space-time axis, the faster you move, the slower time will pass. If you moves at the speed of light, for you, in relation to others, you did travel in time. But to others, you are just in a stasis for all the years that had passed. So technically you did not travel in time, you just waited for all that time to pass, then come out at the right moment. But to keep you in motion, you still need enough energy for the speed of light in real time. That means to time travel 50 years to the future, you need energy that can run 50 years to keep you that way. This energy can be artificial(man made) or natural(black hole), which both very dangerous.

For time travel to the past, moving faster than the speed of light does not put you in the past. You will be no difference than just in the stasis. Even if it is true, it's not you travel back in time, it will be your time in reverse mode. It means, the time of the universe will not change, but you and only yourself will go back in time. You will become younger, you will lose all your knowledge, you will become a kid or even back to birth state.

But based on the space-time axis, no matter how you move, the time axis will always be an absolute number, which means equal or greater than 0. No matter how fast or where you move, you will still be in the positive side of the time axis line. Why? Because as long as you are within this universe, the time will affect you and any other things in the universe the same. Like you in a plane, no matter what you do and how you do it, as long as you still in the plane, the plane will carry you forward.

Einstein said in theory, to travel back in time you need to utilize a wormhole, a path that will lead you away from our universe's space-time environment. Think our universe is an apple and we live in it, that wormhole is the passage leads to the skin of the apple. This will put us away from the space-time of our universe, which will make you absolute in relation of the entire universe. Then the time travel is possible, because the space-time outside of the universe can be completely different than ours, so it could make time travel a very high possibility.

• It may be possible.

If you think about it, science has traveled long ways since 2000. Our technology has improved far, and it won't stop now. There might be a point in time where time travel can be possible, but then again, not. It might take some time from our current time but perhaps in the future it could be possible.

• In a sense it has already been theorized.

Time travel into the past is so far impossible due to paradoxes. However, I personally knew a renowned scientist who worked with many others in the field, and he took the time to explain it to me. Though travel into the past is impossible, travelling into the future is simply a matter of traveling through the present at a different rate. With the Einstein's theory of relativity, this becomes possible. Make a super ship that can travel fast enough and you'll have time going slower. If time moves at a slower pace than you, you're technically travelling into the future. Of course this isn't the full explanation, but I don't have the knowledge to go too in depth into it.

• No, time travel will not be possible.

It seems time travel will never be possible. If time travel is possible, it already exists in the future. Yet we have never had any evidence of people from the future visiting us today, or at any time in the past. It also seems that scientists feel that traveling into the past might not be possible, but that traveling into the future maybe one day would be--though it's not likely.

• If it were possible, wouldn't we know it by now?

While so many science fiction stories talk about stringent controls on time travel once it is developed, I can't believe that any organization would be able to stop a determined person from coming back in time and causing trouble. If it were possible, someone would have been seen coming from the future already.

• No it is against physics

No you cannot trevel in the past because it is against the theory of relativity to go back into the past would be impossible because if you went back in the future it would deplete the point of you ever needing to go back in time thus you never went back, but as for the future it is literally impossible because time has not been made yet anything can change the future such as my entire day could differ if i drove to work or ride the bus time changes and cannot be predicted so easily making it so the future is impossible what we do now is only making at most a year of the future.

• The well known paradox will never come to fruition.

It is impossible because of the paradox: go back in time and kill your own grandma...
    Solve that one first. It is like saying that bringing back the dead is possible, for those who say "never say never".Humanity and the laws of physics and the universe must be different before even thinking about that.

• Sorry, no Deloreans.

To start, if time travel was going to happen sometime in the future, and pepole used it often, wouldn't we see everybody in time machines coming to our era? Plus, the consequences of time travel can be devestating, so the human population should figure out that time travel is very bad.

• Time travel is impossible

In this world time is the ONLY thing consistent. I'm not talking about the time when you look at the clock. I'm talking time, as in night and day. You simply can't go back in time to the past, it's history. You can't go into the future, it hasn't happened yet.

• Time travel is a misunderstanding about how science works.

Moving in time is merely a derivative function of energy/movement.
    Time is something we made up to describe movement.
    There are loads of these derivative variables in science that do not relate to an actual universal 'thing' that you could manipulate directly.

Time is one of them, sadly there is only now.

There also isn't a speed dimension for example, just because it exists as an expression in a law function. Or we'd have to ask ourselves if the flash isn't possible :p.

Even the relativity method of experiencing slower time is not really manipulating time, you're just going so fast electrons will have a hard time catching up in one half orbit. And this has the effect of slowing things down for an outside observer.

Anyway this is how I understand it to work. An actual theoretical physicist could probably explain this in more depth, and I hope one takes the time to explain this properly.