Will tissues grown from stem cells replace organ and tissue transplants within 30 years?

• Yes, I believe that stem cells grown from tissue will replace transplants in 30 years.

I believe that in next 30 years time tissues grown from stem cells will replace organ and tissue transplants. Although some governments currently ban the use of stem cell related research, most governments are still pursueing the development and use of stem cells. As a whole I believe we will see the decline of organ and tissue transplants and the gradual acceptance of tissues grown from stem cells in the next 30 years.

• Yes, they will

.Tissues grown from stem cells will replace organ and tissue transplants sooner than 30 years, in my opinion. The technology is alreayd there and we know how technology doubles every 18 months. It should be no more than 10 years that this is a reality that we are all living with.

• Yes, I believe it will.

I think science has been working toward that goal for a while now. I agree that within 30 years at the most, science will be able to grow a "made to order" replacement organ for any individual and not have to worry about rejection. I also believe there will be a day when we no longer have to make artificial limbs.

• Full market saturation is unlikely

It is less likely that a full replacement of organ and tissue transplants will occur, but it is more likely that stem cell tissues being grown will buttress these sort of transplants over the next 30 years. Certain objections on moral or religious grounds will always prevent 100% takeover, and it seems as though there is still a ways off before stem cell tissue growth becomes 100% valid.

• We're not there.

No, tissues grown from stem cells will not replace organ and tissue transplants within 30 years, because the science is not even close to being able to grow new complete organs with stem cells. Stem cells show promise, but so far, we do not have the science to get to that point. It will not develop within 30 years, if at all.