• Yes, I will be playing Powerball tonight.

While I have heard many of the statistics floating around that mention just how very slim the chances of winning are, I can't help but think that someone may win. For $2 it just seems a shame not to take the chance that someone could possibly be me (even if I do have a better chance of being elected president).

• I have already got my ticket

How can you not participate in the biggest lottery ever? It will be life changing for whoever wins. I bought a ticket last night at the grocery store and tucked it away in a safe place. Hey, the odds of winning is astronomical but you still have to be in it to win it and I am all in.

• To Play Or Not To Play

Why waste the money people ask? My response typically is because I want to play. I cannot win if I don't play. Yes, I know my odds of winning are slim to none. However, I have the freedom to spend my money on things that I enjoy. If you want to spend your money on alcohol or cigarettes, by all means, that is your choice. Please do not question or criticize mine.

• Yes I will

I am playing powerball tonight. It's basically assured I won't win, but it was hard not to play. My office pooled together money and bought a bunch of tickets. The last thing you want to do is be the person who didn't join just in case lightning does happen to strike.

• No. As in no.

Tempting, though it may be, there are several good reasons not to play the lottery.

#1- The odds are just too great. You have a better chance of death by hot tap water or winning an Oscar than you do of winning the lottery.

#2- Lottery winners have been statistically proven to be generally unhappy. 65% of lottery winners end up bankrupt.

#3- Winning the lottery is a safety risk. Especially when people know that you've just won 1.4 billion dollars. A man in Florida was allegedly murdered by a woman who had been fleecing him for millions of dollars prior after winning the lottery. Winning money like that makes someone a target for all sorts of people looking to dip their hands in that cash. Crooks and opportunists alike.

#4- As the pot grows, so do the participants, which further decreases your chance at success.

#5- In addition to the approx. 40% you will need to pay in taxes, the IRS will also take an additional 20-25% because your proceeds game from "gambling." Your name my not have been on the IRS roster before, but it certainly will be after winning!

#6- A $2 lottery ticket can be put into a growth stock mutual fund, where the amount of return may not be as great, but the chances of return are near 100%, compared to the chances of return on a lottery ticket, which are .000000004%.

#7- My family would actually start calling me again...