• Yes, I hope so.

With the shift from network tv and news coverage to webisodes, youtube and twitch (and all other such sources) there should be a strong chance for the paid channels to be a success. Working on a system of 'hits' (viewers) and traffic, it would function much like tv stations but with a broader range of audience.

• Yes, I hope so.

• I'm already seeing successful Paid Channels

YouTube recently gave the option for an Ad-Free Experience for Paid Channel viewers. I did a Paid Channel search before coming to this poll, and although the number of existing channels is still small, there are several with over 1000 subscribers; which considering this model was only launched last year looks very promising.

• I think paid channels will have a success in a very specific way.

Tutoring school programs on live events with possibilities to get back and review it. Professional support in specific areas, following law changes in different licensed areas of business, professional medical procedures channels and so on. Games!!! I can fink about many things that isn't exit yet. YouTube has to develop the guidance line for paid channels making it clear that it has to be different from what creators have already. Freedom creating separate paid channels leaving free ones untouched is a good way to test ideas of paid channels in different areas. No one push creators to close free channel and make if paid. You can create new content on separate channel and use your subscribers from all channels to participate that experience. I definitely will try it.

• No, youtubes "Paid" channels will fail.

The point of youtube was always for everything about it to be completley free, to own an acount (Free), To upload videos (Free), and even to ocassionally skip A chemercial that you don't feel like watching (Free), if youtube begins to try and get a profit out of the people behind the computer screens, they will lose a good portion of the people who use youtube on A DAILY.

Not to mention that the popular uploaders like, Jenna Marbles, Shane Dawson, Pewdiepie, and more wouldn't want to make there subscribers pay to have to subscribe! These people love there subscribers, and wouldn't want to have to make them pay to do so. So even if hey did the paid channels, it would fail. Why? Because the large youtubers wouldn't want this, and if they wouldn't want it, then the big money drawing people would be a loss to youtube incoming cash. (Which comes from chemercializing.)

• No, YouTube's paid video channels will not be a success.

Part of what makes YouTube such a valuable and successful resource used everyday by millions is that there is always more than one video on the topic you are in search of. So if you find one video on how to make a hair bow that you don't understand, you can just search again and find many more similar videos that may yield a greater understanding of the craft. Success of the paid channels depends on YouTube's ability to stifle other channels and videos that provide similar information in more diverse or better ways. Unless YouTube starts limiting what is published for reasons other than being illegal or inappropriate, this will simply not happen.

• Absolutely no way

I knew few people who'd be willing to pay just to watch Youtube videos. To many, Youtube is just an entertaining video website that allows us to escape from tv's normality. But if people start being charged it will lose its uniqueness, what made it stand out. Anyway, I doubt money is missing. Several youtubers are perfectly living off of Youtube thanks to advertising.