Should females be forced to register for the military draft?

• If you can drive a car, turn a wrench, or balance books, you can serve

The combat argument is a cop out to just keep women on their pedestal. The vast majority of people in the military are non-combatants. There is absolutely no reason other than politics and a sense of entitelment (not equality) that keeps men subservient and women from having to register for a draft.

• Yes, women and men should be drafted, if a serious threat should arise.

In a perfect world, I would be anti war, and anti draft. Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world. That being said I don't think that a draft should ever be used for the wars that we've been in since Korea, mainly the "police actions" of Vietnam, Iraq, Kosovo, etc. However, in the event that a superpower such as China or Russia were to declare war on the U.S. I think the draft would be necessary because I doubt our forces in their current state could when a ground war if either of those countries ever decided to go that route. I also believe that women over the past several decades have worked very hard for equal rights and with that I believe that they should also have to register for the draft because equality should mean taking the good and the bad that goes with it. I also believe that women should also be available to be drafted into combat roles, if they're deemed fit for it (just as men) because they've proven that they can make it through that kind of training. As for the possibility of separating families in a time of war I believe that their should be some kind of part of that that should make it so only one parent should get drafted but with no preference whether it's the mother or the father to stay behind giving equality across the board. In today's society more men are becoming stay at home dads and they're doing it just as well as women are, so I think in the event of a draft the choice of who goes should be left up to the family.

• Women worked for the right to see combat.

Women worked for the right to see combat, so that means they can be in the draft. Now like how we have it already if your not mentally or physically capable then you probably will not continue service. Regardless if women want equal rights as men then you must have all the responsibilities as men.

• There won't be another

A debate about whether or not females should register for the draft is somewhat moot, since there will, most likely, not be another draft in the near future. Wars today are small and regional, and are far less hinged upon the size of the forces than all previous times in history.

• Women are able to serve in the military just men

Yes. In the world of equality, why should women be exempt for registering for the military when they come of age? There are large amount of women that served and are currently serving and there no issues concerning that. If women would like to be treated equally, then they should be subject to the bitter and the sweet.

• Yes, females should be forced to register for the draft.

Females should be forced to register for the draft in order to be fair. There are plenty of military opportunities for woman. If another world war were to start it would be very helpful for our country to be able to draft women into a lot of non combat positions.

• Only if they are mentally and physically able to be

Rights for women have come a long way since gaining the right to vote. Society is still sexist because of basic biology. Yes most men are physically stronger, but more women today show that. More women are stronger today. Still lots of women have 40 to 50% less upper body strength. Times are changing and society needs to update the sexist views of women and men.

• Yes, Women should be drafted, but...I am also Anti-Draft.

I completely agree that everyone should be allowed to be drafted; both Male and Female. Women in this country don't get enough credit in my opinion. Of course Women should be allowed to do everything their Male counterparts can do. However, that said, I am completely against Drafting, period. I am strictly Anti-War and Anti-Drafting. I believe NO Government or Country has the right to force an Individual to serve their country, and be forced to go into the Military without their consent. To me, forcing an Individual into a situation such as War, is Evil and immoral, and appalling to me.

• Yes, women should be drafted also.

If there is a draft, then women should be included. Perhaps they would fail at some strength tests and that might keep them from certain jobs. But, it has been shown that women perform just as well as men wherever they are assigned in the military. Often women perform better because of their great ability to empathize and see a bigger picture.

• Yes, everybody should be equal in application of the Selective Service laws.

A bill was just passed that allows women to fight on the front lines. If they are allowed to fight, they should also be registering for the draft. There should not be a double standard in the military if they want the same rights as men. If Congress can decide bills allowing women to fight, they should also make it mandatory for women to be drafted all things equal.

• No, the draft should not be mandatory for women.

Women are the main child raisers in this country; look at how many single women are carrying the load for men who do not take part in child raising or pay their share. Making women register for the military draft would leave generations of children without care, should those women be called to serve.

• Females should not be forced to register for the military draft.

Females should not be forced to register for the military draft. If both males and females were forced to register for the military draft, then it is feasible that families might be torn apart with both parents simultaneously deployed. Families need to have the option of one or the other parent being able to stay with children.

• No, and neither should males.

I don't think men or women should be forced to register for the military draft. Many people are against war for any reason. These people should not be forced to do something that goes against their principles. If the military doesn't have enough people they should find other ways to recruit people.

• Women are protectors of the home.

Women are the mothers, the ones who bear children not arms for war. What will happen if women are killed it will lower our population. A we are not taking away rights but giving them. Any women can still choose to enter the army they have that freedom, but they shouldn't be forced to be in the army.

• No one should

Being drafted by force is dumb. We are supposed to be a country of freedom. Therefore, you should have to be willing to go into the military. I think the draft is the opposite of what America wants to represent. Therefore, neither men not women should be forced to be drafted.

• No one should be forced into a draft.

What, a draft? Last I checked this country was built in the premise of freedom, and self government (with a small federal government). This is not even a matter of gender at this point, since a draft in general infringes upon one's personal liberties. A person does not have a "duty" to serve any governing force. If they wish to do so, it should be purely from the kindness of their hearts.

• Children Need Their OWN Mothers

The future of America lies in the wellbeing of our children. Though studies find that paternal involvement enriches children's development into healthy adults, it is the mothers who are invested, soul and body, in their children and foster their emotional and physical development, and it is they who therefore can carry our nation to greatness by raising stable, morally-grounded children into capable, strong adults. Mothers are especially able to cope with and understand the demands of caring for infants and young children, not just physically, but in attending to their mental and social development, which is more subtle to detect, yet absolutely crucial to their development in those areas into adulthood. Mothers have the ability to see, discern, and heal emotional wounds in their older children that other caretakers often miss. My field of study is families and though fathers are needed, no one, absolutely no one, can take the place of a mother. Our most valuable assets in this nation are our children. On a different angle on the topic, why is the media largely ignoring the obvious inherent risk of drafting women who are not prepared for military life? The fact still remains that most rapes and sexual assaults in any setting find women to be the victims, and on top of that, research shows that women are twice as likely to be harmed by ISIS and other enemies as men. If the military wants to open its arms to women who of their own choice want to help, then the military can gratefully receive them and place them in positions where they find they will be most helpful, but it is an ugly and twisted thing to turn that desire and willingness to be able to fight into a reason to force all women to do so. And this isn't just about women. It never will be. Our children are our future. They are the assets we must protect and safeguard, and no one will protect and safeguard a child in ALL ways more than his or her OWN mother. Supporting note: Open adoptions are now more encouraged than closed adoptions...No matter the circumstances, all children need their own mothers.

• No One Should

I do not believe anyone (male or female) should be forced to register for the military draft. I do not believe drafting people into an army is a good idea. I believe it forces people in, that do not want to be there, and therefore makes the force stronger due to resentment.