Would American students be safer if teachers carried guns?

• School Shootings would decrease

If teachers had guns then everyone would know and the crazy people would be more scared to try and shoot up schools. Plus besides teaching us the teachers job is to make sure we are safe, if someone came into my school I would want my teachers to be able to protect me. I believe that all teachers should have to have their conceal and carry license because we want them to know the rules of gun saftey. Just because we block off all the doors and stay away from windows doesn't mean that the people won't be able to get in and find us, but if the teachers could have a frontline of defense against all of the crazies then we would be more likley to survive the attack, also we have the right to stand our ground. If someone comes in my home my first thought is to fight first and ask questions later.

• School Shootings would decrease

• Not every teacher should be allowed a gun, but one teacher per school could have a gun

Give one teacher per school a gun and train them in prevention of terrorism from school shootings. Not every teacher needs a gun, because guns tend to shoot people when they are used. Limit the pool by which teachers can own and/or use a gun in schools. This will be a better solution.

• American students would be safer if teachers carried guns.

American students would be safer if teachers carried guns. Anything that can protect our children while they are in school should be done. I think if the teachers had guns then most of the tradegy that happened in the school shootings could have been stopped. I wish one of those teachers were packing a gun.

• Yes, if properly trained

I think students would be safer if teachers carried guns and were properly trained to use the gun and react in tense situations. An untrained teacher may actually make it more dangerous for students if they do not know how to handle a firearm. People would probably be less likely to shoot up a school if they knew teachers had guns.

• I think they would be safer.

As much as I disagree with guns, Perhaps our children would be safer if a teacher carried a gun. Unfortunately, I think it is also coming to the teachers having to lock the door after all students have entered the classroom. I say, five minutes after the final bell rings, lock the doors. Usually, the teacher hears in advance any gunshots, and that would give them time to unlock a drawer carrying a gun, and try to protect the students. While they are at it, perhaps a safe room in every class would be good. It may be expensive, but if it protects the children, then it is well worth it.

• Just Stop One Crazy Person

Of course students would be safer if teachers carried guns. Schools have become an easy target for crazy people out to do maximum damage. Just because a person is crazy, doesn't mean he (or she) is stupid. There must be some amount of risk vs. Reward thought that goes on before someone decides to attempt such a heinous act. When teachers carry guns, the risk goes up and the reward goes down. If just one crazy person is stopped by armed teachers, haven't we made progress?

• Teachers might kill us.

Teachers might not like you and just decide to kill you and boom you are dead and nothing will be done. So i say no, it is not safe for anyone. Say some student decides to get the teachers gun and just shoot everyone then there is another school shooting that has happened.

• Teachers might kill us.

• No, putting guns in schools might make them more dangerous.

Keeping guns in schools would potentially make them more dangerous, not safer. Little children, especially boys, are drawn to guns, and curious about them. If there are guns in classrooms, what's to say kids wouldn't get them and start playing with them, causing them to accidentally go off? It's best to keep guns and weapons out of schools, unless there is an armed, trained security guard if needed.

• Teachers can often be as unstable as their students.

In case you haven't noticed, teachers are in the news all the time in America for things like violence, sexual assault, and other crimes on campus. There's quite a few of them that have exceptionally poor judgment. The last thing we should ever want to do is put firearms in the hands of such people.

• No they wouldn't.

I have to say that I am a teacher, and I think that arming teachers would be a horrible idea. Having weapons around students would just make me think that they would be stolen or be used when they shouldn't. I think we should have cops in schools as an alternative.

• Classroom door is the last line of defence.

If a classroom is breached, the gunman takes out the teach first. No time to grab a gun. In Texas for instance, the teachers must keep the gun in a Lock Box with a keyed lock. No time to waist so
    teachers can and should Barricade the classroom door if there is a Lockdown Event in progress.
    Why let an intruder into the classroom to begin with. They need a classroom door barricade device like Nightlock Lockdown attached to the classroom door. Piling desks and classroom furniture in front of the door is slow and uneffective, and doesn't work on outward swing doors. But this device will and is now active in many school districts across the country. A simple device keeps bad guys out, and gives a teacher more time to prepare and hide students.

• It'd just make it easier for those who want to harm students, and make students more scared.

Bringing guns into schools would just make school an even scarier place than it already is for some students. People who want to do harm, rather than protect, could get their hands on the guns. And don't think teachers are perfect angels who want only to protect students. One could decide to harm their class.