Would attending school on a 12-month calendar, rather than a 10-month calendar, benefit the school economically?

• No. Not at all

First of all the yes people are stating nonfactual responses!

For example “Studies have found that disadvantaged students lose about 27 percent more of their learning gains in the summer months than their peers.
    - made in 2013 November 11” http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/education_futures/2013/11/year-round_schooling_how_it_affects_students.html

So that proves that Students do not need that long of school.

• I like school

I like school because school is fun and i like nap time because sleeping is for the cool kids i also like it because i can get free candy from my principal yea thats my story....I hope u like it!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• A a a a a a a a a a a

:-) :-) :-) a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a

• Plop pow boy

It gives us a better learning education a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z now i know my a b c's plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop plop

• We can learn even more

A b c d e f g h i g k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z - now i know my abc's next time wont you sing with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay!!!

• Why I say Yes...

Why I say yes is because kids forget what they learned in the summer and need to re-learn it before they can learn anything else, and it would give teachers a job year-round and not just in the winter seasons. This is just some of the things that benefit a 12 month school year.

• Why I say Yes...

• Why I say Yes...

• Me is stupendnt in middulle skool. U all suck pepe heds.

Knodk knock, whos ther, shell, shell who, i shell kids onn ebay. Knodk knock, whos ther, deer, deer who, i hit deers with my truck. Knodk knock, whos ther, most trees are blue, most trees are blue who, and that cow just pooped in your shoe. U all suc pepe heds

• Bad for kids

Kids still need to be kids. There are plenty of hard years ahead of them and asking for 3 months of fun to just be a kid isn't much. When they get to be an adult, there won't be time for fun. Also kids need a brake from stress. As I said before they are just kids who need time to be kids. Let them enjoy life for a small part of their life.

• I believe having schools open year round will end up costing much more money rather than saving money.

While having school in session for two additional months can create some revenue it will cost more to run schools for two months extra. Teachers will have to be paid, more school lunches will have to be provided, school buses will have to run, and the administrators will have to be paid for the additional months.

Posted by: 54nShaI
  • There are still kids who need the summer break.

I personally live on a farm and during the summer we farm the most. If a 12 month school year does happen I wont be able to come and neither will a bunch of kids who still live the American dream of farming.

• i need help would

would a 12 month school shcedule benifit a student socaly

• Attending school on a 12 month calendar instead of a 10 month calendar would increase costs to the school districts.

There have been many studies suggesting that students would retain more of what they learn if a 12 month calendar school year was implemented. This may be true but in response to the economic impact on the school district this would definitely place a great deal of increased expense on the school districts. A few of the expense would be transportation costs involved with busing students year round instead of 10 months. Also maintenance cost would increase as well as the cost of support staff such as cafeteria worker and teachers aides who are employed on a part time basis on a 10 month schedule.

Posted by: AndreaS
  • No, but it would benefit parents and teachers finances.

Economically, the school would carry a larger financial burden. It would have to bear the burden of the cost of operating for two more months than usual. But, the financial burden on the school should not be the deciding factor when considering a 12-month school schedule. Even though the school would not directly benefit financially from a year long schedule, the teachers would possibly make more money and the parents could save on summer childcare expenses. The financial gain of the teachers and parents just might mean financial gain for the school.

Posted by: MohaI0v35
  • A 12-month school year would cost more because you'd need to employ the faculty for an extra two months, raising salaries, and putting more burden on taxpayers.

Having school last all year long wouldn't benefit the school systems at all. It would mean paying all of the employees their full salaries for an extra two months of the year. All of the teachers, administrators, the custodial staff, the cafeteria workers, would be on the job and requiring paychecks. Schools can't afford this added financial burden, since most of them have budgetary woes to begin with.

Posted by: PinkMych
  • It is not economically beneficial for a school to operate 12 months rather than 10 months because of the overhead costs.

All schools have overhead costs such as lighting and heat or air conditioning or running the cafeteria, that can be partially eliminated by closing the school for two months out of the year. Other costs that are eliminated by closing for two months are fuel for school buses and their drivers.

Posted by: Nik0Interior
  • I Think School Is Fine Now.

Andrew Cuomo and the government begrudgingly pay teachers now and barely have enough money to do so. So, how can he pay for another 3 months if he can barely right now? He would end up making the teachers make less money over more time. So all of the teachers who think it is a good idea will be working for free, when it comes down to it. No, I think it is a terrible idea.

• It would be bad for teachers and students.

You don't need it, plus teachers would end up not being paid for it either. The same salary would be issued except it would be less every week and you would kind of be working for free - bad idea. Our children would have to go through long, hard days in 112-degree weather and it would be awful. We would have a longer break in January and March, so in the end we would not be going to school any longer, just through the hard hot months. No, it is a bad idea.