Would changing child nutrition guidelines for public schools be a helpful tool for heart disease prevention?

• Yes, I believe so.

Changing child nutrition guidelines for public schools be a helpful tool for heart disease prevention. And I think it would get children used to eating real, healthy foods instead of junk all the time, and "program" them for a life of healthy eating and better all around habits as an adult

• Students are hungry.

Yes, changing child nutrition guidelines for public schools would be a helpful tool for heart disease prevention, because students could make individualized choices, based on dietary needs. It a student has low blood pressure, right now, they just get to suffer. With new nutrition guidelines, each student could choose the food most helpful for them, and learn how to make heart-healthy choices.

• Education is essential

Students spend as much time in the school setting as they do in their homes, and many of the students in the US get their primary nutrition from the school. This is the perfect place to instill good eating habits and knowledge about how to keep a healthy diet and heart.

• Yes, changing child nutrition guidelines would help kids.

I think that changing child nutrition guidelines for public schools would be helpful in preventing heart disease later in life for a lot of people. I think that teaching kids how to eat healthier at an early age can prove to be beneficial. When people learn good habits at a young age, they most likely will continue it at an older age.

• No, you need to change their behaviour, not just their lunch.

I don't think it would help much. I believe child nutrition guidelines for schools are already fairly strict and push for healthy low fat foods on the menu. Bad nutrition causes health problems over a lifetime, so I don't think making people eat one healthy meal a day during their childhood is necessarily going to make much difference over a lifetime, you need to change behavior, not what they eat at school.