Would flashing billboards have a negative impact on the aesthetic of St. Mark's Square in Venice?

• Flashing Billboards Should Be Banned

I absolutely hate flashing billboards. They are ultra bright and especially intrusive during the night time hours. Not to mention that advertising sucks and if it can be avoided, then it should be. I believe flashing billboards would destroy the aesthetics of St. Mark's Square in Venice, as they would do to any historical area.

• Yes, it should stay old world.

I have been to Venice and of course St. Mark's Square should stay old world. There is something about the church and the square with its pigeons and cafes and music that should not be marred by contemporary billboards, especially those that flash and are lit up because this is just antithetical to the atmosphere.

• Yes, flashing billboards will have a negative impact on Venice.

Having flashing billboards in a community can be a very bad distraction. The flashing can also cause the city to be degraded in class, because the flashing makes it seem a bit less classy. Overall I think that flashing billboards would have a negative impact in St. Mark's Square in Venice.

• Billboards always negatively impact scenery.

Our society is getting overboard with all the advertising. It really needs to stop. There is nowhere you can look without seeing one thing or another being advertised. It is completely out of control. There is too much consumerism being pushed. I don't understand why companies feel they need to shove their products in our faces 24/7.

• Flashing billboards would have a negative impact on the aesthetic of St. Mark's Square in Venice.

Flashing billboards would have a negative impact on the aesthetic of St. Mark's Square in Venice. It would be like placing a Walmart near the 16th Chapel. It just would not seem right to be surrounded by all that culture and be staring at a flashing billboard. Some things should be left alone and this is one of them.