Would Great Britain be better off without the monarchy?

• They do nothing

What do they do for us nothing and we have to pay taxes too then too for nothing y o u d o n o t n e e d t h e m o n a r c h y a t a l l they are just fancy people

• Less Financial Burden

I believe Great Britain would be better off without the monarchy. The monarchy is really a relic of the past and they now have a full government in place that operates much like a democracy. In my opinion the monarchy is now a financial drain on the people of Great Britain.

• without the monarchy

I personally agree,I believe great britian would be better off without the monarchy because it would be alot more up with current ways of doing things and would give people a little more freedom to have a choice and a say in what happens in the country that they live in which is fair .

• Great Britain better off without the monarchy

I believe great britian would be better off without the monarchy because it would be alot more up with current ways of doing things and would give people a little more freedom to have a choice and a say in what happens in the country that they live in which is fair .

• Treason! Off with their heads!!

The British Monarchy is an important part of the UK's fabric. They have a timeless lineage, and have helped Britons through thick and thin. The Royal Family also makes something like 100X more money than it costs the public, mainly through tourism and revenue on property throughout the nation. The Monarch also represents much of Britain's Christian Heritage, as He/She is the head of the Church of England. Also, the Monarch is head of state of 16 other Dominions, including my own nation, New Zealand. So getting rid of Her/His Majesty may be a bit tricky.

• Gives Support to People

Even though the British monarchy is very rich and they hold a lot of land and assets in England, the royal family does offer moral support to Britons in times of need. The most poignant reminder of this was when Prince Charles signed a rare autograph to a family who just needed a pick-me-up after devastating floods a few years ago. The royal family isn't about the money--young men in the monarchy serve in the military as Prince Charles did followed by his two son. The Duchess of Cambridge patronizes several charities and solicits donations and relief for those agencies. Despite the complaints about the monarchy's extreme wealth, the family does do the Commonwealths some good.

• No: Britain Would Not be Better Off Without the Monarchy

Britain's monarchy has been seen as little more than symbolic figureheads whose public, special events serve as vacuum for tax dollars. Indeed their institution should be allowed to go the way of the dinosaur. The question, though, as to whether Britain would be better off without them is different. The problems of this nation go deeper than the monarchy, and eliminating it, as sound a decision as it may be, would not noticeably improve things for average Brits.