Would hippies attract more interest if they updated their attire to reflect the New Millennium?

• Hippies dress from the 60's and part of the 70's era. If they changed the way they dressed they would not be fitting to the correct time.

Hippies who changed their dress to reflect the modern times were called yuppies. Hippies do not dress the way they do to attract interest. They do it to feel the spirit of an era where love was free and things were simpler, and the music was way better. Hippies enjoy their individualism and freedom. And I can not think of an era other than the 60's who's clothes have withstood the test of time and are still popular to this day.

• They wouldn't be hippies

They wouldn't really be hippies. Hippies were from a movement in a very specific time and were all about non conforming and dressing in a very specific way - something that can't be updated for the day. Hippies can't update their wardrobe for the new millenium because they wouldn't be who they are.

• No. I do not believe that hippies can attract more interest if they updated their attire to reflect the New Millennium.

No. I do not believe that hippies can attract more interest if they updated their attire to reflect the New Millennium, because changing their attire would only undermine the very values that hippies are trying to promote. Updating their attire to new millennium styles would promote the very things they despise.

• Hippies don't care if you don't like the way they dress.

That's funny, and shows a pretty amazing misunderstanding of hippies. They reject the mainstream, they don't care if you like them or not. They aren't about marketing, that's something they reject. And also, you can't tell a hippie by how they dress. A lot of them just wear jeans and t-shirts.

• Do They Need More Attention?

I have my doubts if hippies are seeking more interest and I doubt updating their attire would really do anything, it would simply make them blend in. I haven't personally seen a hippie, they would actually be in their what, sixties to seventies, anyway. Are we assuming that they are still dressing the same.