Would it be plausible for a care center devoted entirely to researching and treating Tay-Sachs disease to secure federal funding as part of a larger plan to bolster American healthcare overall?

• Plausible For A Care Center

I personally think that federal funding towards a care center dedicated to the treatment and research of Tay-Sachs disease. If the government offers more specialized treatment of a disease, then the ability to treat those with such a disease should be improved. Tay-Sachs disease is a very deadly disorder which causes premature death in babies and may even present itself later in life. The incidence of this disease is known to be more prevalent in certain geographics and with the Ashkenazi Jewish and the reasons for these occurrences warrant more research.

• Yes, support should be given to the study of life-threatening disease.

I am in favor of federal funding towards a care center dedicated to the treatment and research of Tay-Sachs disease. If the government offers more specialized treatment of a disease, then the ability to treat those with such a disease should be improved. Tay-Sachs disease is a very deadly disorder which causes premature death in babies and may even present itself later in life. The incidence of this disease is known to be more prevalent in certain geographics and with the Ashkenazi Jewish and the reasons for these occurrences warrant more research.

• No, I do not think it would be plausible for a clinic to get federal funding for one disease.

I think that it would be incredibly difficult for a care center to get federal funding to take care of one particular disease such as Tay-Sachs disease. I also do not think it should. There are way too many diseases out there that should have more focus placed on them.

• Tay-Sachs Is Rare

Tay-Sachs is a rare condition and only one of many that are fatal. I do not believe it is plausible for a care center devoted to the disease would be able to secure federal funding to bolster American health care overall. This center would only serve a very tiny fraction of the total population.

• A Care Center for Tay Sachs Disease would not be viable

Tay Sachs disease is such a rare, disease that having a care center devoted entirely to researching and treating the disease would be most likely expensive and not an efficient use of funds or space. It is most prevalent in Ashkenazi Jews, Cajuns and French Canadians. None of these groups are a significant chunk of the population, The disease affects only 1 in 30 on average.