Would kindergarten or even pre-school be too young to teach bilingual education?

• If they can speak, they can learn.

In my opinion, when a child is old enough to speak, they are old enough to start learning a second language. Most of the bilingual speakers I know of grew up in homes where English and Spanish were used equally. They knew them from birth. Starting them in school at a young age would be a great head start.

• How they learn

If you ask any bilingual person, how did you learn another language? The majority will tell you, my parents spoke to me in that language only, and I eventually learnt. Doing a little bit of a language every week, is not going to help you speak another language. When GCSE students get As in their language tests, most of them can't actually speak the language fluently, So if they can't why do you think 3 year olds can! And someone said if you can talk in one language then you can learn another. But actually, some of them still can't speak perfect English!

• Kindergarten or pre-school is not too young to teach bilingual education.

Children learn a lot quicker when they are taught at a younger age therefore it would be more benefficial to teach them different languages at ages, 4 or 5. This would also help students in the future because they can communicate with more people, making them more social. Also, many children learn faster at a younger age which can help them speak new languages fluently in the future.

• You learn faster.

No, kindergarten and pre-school is not too young to teach bilingual education, because that is where students learn best. Language is something that children are learning naturally at that age. They will learn better than they will at a later age. It should be a part of the daily program in young education.

• No, not at all

I do not think this is too young to begin bilingual education. In fact, the earlier the better when it comes to teaching children multiple languages. My girlfriend's daughter is from Chile, and went to a bilingual school. She was fluent in English by the age of 8, and sounds like a native now.

• No, this is when children learn language most readily

Children actually learn languages most readily before age
    six. So learning a new language in preschool would be an excellent way to
    increase the tiny numbers of native-born Americans who can speak any language besides
    English. This would be a great advantage to such children throughout their
    lives, and an advantage for their future employers as well.