Would Legal Prostitution Decrease Sexual Violence Such as Rape?

• It will because rape in the US is the highest in the World

The reason why women are raped in the US is because :
    -it is a sex suppresed society where sex "is considered dirty"
    -sex is basically "illegal " , unless you are married
    -Prostitutes are not available ,and if they are : hard to find or expensive
    -Police is working undercover to catch men that want to hire women for sex.
    So all doors are closed ! That is why some men end up raping !

• Legalized Prostitution would greatly hinder thought modalities that equate sexual 'objectification' of women; to power--and in turn reduce rape.

People with this question should consider; how many men are involuntarily Celibate vs the number of women. Take out physical impairments, medical conditions, and mental issues stemming from psycological damage and you're left with a disporportionatly higher number of men. Most people would call them 'pathetic' and show brutal indiffrence towards them; but its from this pool of people who may lead successful business, educational, and political lives that find this area horridly lacking; and end up feeling powerless.

Rape in all its ugly reality typically stems from this chronic denial many women will never exprience. Women in turn suffer from the opposate problem; of getting 'too much' attention, and when its 'unwanted' reguarldess of the level of attractivness of the female rape becomes a possible reality.

The bottom line stands that allowing a way for people to have acess to sex by means of using their resources can act as a form of therapy; or; even create less of a fixation on women as sexual 'objects' because if a need is stated, one can pursue other goals. It makes me wonder if many individauls who have a knee-jerk reaction to being against this are fearful of a much higher number of men acting less interested as a whole in women and are more willing to be 'objective' in their dealings with them.

I.E keeping it strictly business and respectful; unless the instance MUTUAL interest takes place.

As things are now, that anomaly that doesn't get access to women would greatly demenish if they were able to put less value on women as 'objects' and focus more on finding individuals that can help them grow as individuals; be they male or female.

Equality.

• Legalizing prostitution would reduce sexual violence

Only women seem to look for the argument that only psychopaths rape. The laws of nature have animals having random sex all the time and we are no different. I'm sure some animals get raped by their own species pretty often and ours is one of them. Can't argue with nature. Get over yourselves and realize that sexual urges can be damning if ignored. Do catholic priests ring a bell?

• Legal Prostitution Would Give More Power To The Prostitute

Let's say that I want to do whatever I want, sexually, to a woman, so I go and find a pimp who I pay enough money to let me do what I want to one that he "owns". She may not want to do what I want to, but has no say. She didn't consent, but she can't go to her pimp because I already paid him, and the police might bring her up on charges. She might have no one to turn to.

• Govt cannot control every mans testosterone levels.

Legalizing prostitution sex is easily available to everybody and sexual crimes can be decreased. Also govt can get revenue from tax from the profession and sexworker health checkups should be given free of cost. This profession can be adopted by people voluntarily instead of attached to brothels and trade through internet.

• Legalizing The Sex Trade Would Reduce Associated Sex Crimes

There is a point which most cons seem to dismiss, insisting that legalization of prostitution would mean keeping prostitutes out on the street. However, the stronghold of the legalizing prostitution argument rests in the fact that there would be LEGALIZED BROTHELS.
    Rapists are NOT necessarily driven by a power hunger. They may very well be driven by an overpowering sex drive instead. In the latter case, if prostitution were kept criminalized, a sex craved man, whose problems may not be well resolved by therapy, would be compelled to resort to one of two crimes: hiring a prostitute or rape. The prostitute in this case would be charging a high price (except for maybe the drug addicted sex workers, who could be screened out by standardized drug tests in legal brothels). A less affluent customer may choose to rape the said sex worker instead, which will be cheaper provided he evades prosecution for the said crime. No one is going to be keeping a watchful eye on these sex workers to make sure they're safe. The drug addicted sex workers would be more vulnerable targets for rape.

As far as how legalized prostitution would curtail these associated crimes with the sex trade, brothels would help reduce the cost of purchasing sex. They would also provide security and elimination for the need for pimps, which would conduce a safe environment. For the record, imposing minimum age and ID requisites would help diminish the child prostitution and human trafficking ordeals.

• Legal Prostitution Would Reduce Sex Crimes

The argument of legalized prostitution has its stronghold on the fact that it would be conducted in legalized brothels. This is a point which most cons seem to dismiss. This type of setting would undoubtedly provide a safer place for sex traders.

A rapist isn't necessarily a power hungry individual. Rape can very well be driven by an overpowering sexual desire, as well as a variety of other factors. This desire can be released on a paid sex worker instead, who would actually consent to it, welcome it and gain monetary profit for it. Also, the man with such a sexual desire will be fulfilled as well. It's win-win. If the sex trade is kept illegal instead, the cost of sex would remain high (not including the prices of the drug addicted sex workers, who could be screened out in legal brothels), and therefore the less affluent men craving sex may find it cheaper to just rape the prostitute, given the possible situation that he evades prosecution of rape; being that the prostitute would be just "an illegal, dirty vagabond with probably no family" to law enforcement and society in general, the said rapist evading prosecution would actually seem likely. Also, the drug addicted sex workers could be more vulnerable targets for rape. Again, legal brothels would eliminate the masses of these types via standardized screening processes for drugs (and STD's). Finally, legal brothels would have security and would eliminate the need for pimps, which would conduce a much more secure environment for the sex workers. For the record, imposing a standard age limit with ID requisites in brothels would help eliminate child prostitution and human trafficking.

• Yes. Making money is legal. Sex is legal. Why not money for sex?

Most rape is caused by sexual drive, not power. Women that rape, rape because of sexual drive. Same with men. It is stupid to think that someone rapes someone just to prove their dominance. This is because of feminism. All women/men will not be perceived as sex objects because a few of them decided to sell their bodies for sex.

• Yes,legal prostitution could decrease sexual violence such as rape.

Legal prostitution could help reduce the level of sexual violence such as rape.Men that have violent rape fantasies could play them out in an environment that is safe for all participants instead of forcing women to have sex against their will and impacting their mental and physical health for life.

• Legal prostitution would deter rape

Legalizing prostitution would decrease sexual violence such as rape. This is because of the fact that some people have a lot of trouble finding sexual relationships. The people who have this difficulty may be the type to attempt sexually violent crimes, but these people might pay for sex if given the opportunity over raping someone.

• No it wouldnt at all!!!

In fact, it would just support rape, sexual violence, and cater to the pathetic people who think prostitution is ok! It is not ok, it makes the women sex objects and if we made it legal then we are telling our children it is ok to cheat and have sex with random people. I garauntee you it would also increase STD's.

• I Agree That Rape is Typically About Power, Not Sexual Drive

Rape is a complex subject. There is date rape, which is often due to men acting when they think the woman wants them to but she actually doesn't (the problem here is the eternal one of communication between men and women). Then there are men who have figured out that hanging out with women when they are high and/or wasted provides an opportunity for sex (which is much cheaper than prostitutes, not counting the possible legal costs). Then there are those extreme psychopaths who rape due to psychological reasons. And finally there is the man who has anger and/or control issues and thinks that exerting his power over another human being is an acceptable coping mechanism. None of these individuals would pay to go to a prostitute, but all of them should pay to go to a psychologist (if only a relationship counselor).

In situations like the babysitter-who-is-a-minor-and-therefore-can't-consent (which is hopefully rare) could definitely be reduced with legalized prostitution, especially if the babysitter is an adult prostitute who offers a 2-in-1 discount. Then there is the case of a man who is really desperate for sex, is tired of masturbation, and can't even romance a woman with terrible self-esteem who is desperate to get drunk and get some physical attention from any man with a pulse (potentially to get back at an ex). It seems like this is the man this whole question was meant for, but I bet this type of man is pretty rare (I'm surprised by the slobs who can find women to sleep with them). So all in all, prostitution could help some potential rapists have sex and avoid crimes, but the change wouldn't be significant.

• No, rape is usually not motivated by sexual desire.

I do not think that legalizing prostitution would decrease sexual violence. From a psychological point of view, rape is not usually the product of sexual desire. Rape is more often an issue of power or control over their victim. In some cases it is to replace a missing girlfriend, where the abuser pretends the victim is his girlfriend, but that is very rare. More often it is a power control issue, so legalizing prostitution will not fix that.

• Legal prostitution would NOT reduce sexual violence

No, legal prostitution would not reduce sexual violence because of the simple fact that both parties involved would be consenting adults. There is a very large difference between having a "rape fantasy" and being an actual violent assailant. Rapists aren't going to pay someone to let them forcible have sex with them simply because of the fact that it is consensual. Rapist are power hungry individuals who need to be the only one in control of the situation. If the woman just gives them permission to "rape" them, it wouldn't fulfill his sick and heinous desire. Legalized prostitution would actually make it easier for women to be put in dangerous, abusive situations.

• No, Legal Prostitution Would Not Decrease Sexual Violence Such as Rape.

No, Legal Prostitution Would Not Decrease Sexual Violence Such as Rape. Rape is not about the sex it is about having power over another individual. Studies have shown that rapists get pleasure from their victims pleading for mercy. So even if prostitution was legal and the prostitutes are willing t role play as rape victims, I do not believe that would feed the rapists desires.

• Legal Prostitution would not Decrease Sexual Violence Such as Rape

Legal prostitution would not decrease sexual violence. In fact, legalizing prostitution would make it easier for predators to take advantage of women if they are forced into prostitution. We should not allow people to abuse women, and prostitution should not be permitted in any case. It is only in this way that we can keep women safe.

• Tis bad ok

Tis bad v v bad jus vewy vewy bad bad bad bad bad bad tis bad v v bad jus vewy vewy bad bad bad bad bad bad tis bad v v bad jus vewy vewy bad bad bad bad bad bad bad vewy bad bad bad bad ok bye

• Loophole in this statement

If prostitution wasn't a crime, a rapist could sexually assault a girl and then say," I gave her some money afterwards so it was prostitution". He could just rape her and shove some money in her pocket. He could pass a weapon off for BDSM and he would win in court.

• Legalizing Prostitution will not Decrease Sexual crimes against women,Educating them will surely

Rapes occur due to number of reasons from obsession to revenge and even imagination to desire Rapists include men who may or may not patronize prostitutes. Rapists include men who have 'girlfriends,' or are married, or living with women. In an act of rape there is no mutual consent like in case of legal or organised prostitution.Rape is a crime of dominance and that not of lust. Rapes have nothing to do with sexual gratification but power it would be counterproductive. "Objectification of women" many men fail to recognize equal dignity for women. "Problem: There is a need for physical pleasure for every man and it has to be let out someplace. But I'm a man and I have needs. However, neither am I raping women nor am I visiting prostitutes to satisfy myself. And I'm not having sex with anyone at the moment either.Why am I this way? Because I am educated. Because I respect women. Because I am a product of a nice household. Because my father respects my mother. Because I've been taught to not objectify women such as to look at them only as a means to satisfy my sexual needs.