Would making citizens of certain countries undergo tougher security checks help decrease terrorism?

• Yes, making citizens of certain countries undergo tougher security would decrease terrorism.

There are certain countries that are more related to terrorism, and it would be beneficial to have tougher security measures in these countries to limit terrorism. This would help decrease terrorism worldwide because the tougher security will likely discourage future terrorist acts that may be in the process of being planned.

• I think that making citizens of certain countries undergo tougher security checks would do a lot to help decrease terrorism around the world.

I think that making citizens of certain countries undergo
    tougher security checks would do a lot to help decrease terrorism around the
    world. I’m sure that certain people
    would complain that this would be racial profiling. Some people would say that security checks
    would violate the rights of those checked, but safety is the most important
    thing.

• Sad but true

I don't really agree with discriminating, but there are certain countries where terrorism is stronger. However, it might be more effective if they look at country of origin on the passport. Terrorism can come from anywhere like Russia, Eastern Europe, or the Middle East. We just need tough security for all.

• I don't think so

I think the US already has heightened security procedures for citizens of certain countries. I also think if it's an official policy, that those countries will know they are being checked more thoroughly and will find ways to get around that. It's better to keep our security procedures somewhat quiet so they can be more effective.

• Not a Realistic Goal

While making a plan to check citizens of certain counties may work to prevent a terrorist in the United States, it is probably not a plausible idea in Europe or the Middle East. With that said, direct terrorist attacks in the United States, still don't happen that often, so we shouldn't really try to fix something that doesn't appear to broke.