Would Native Americans' government issues be resolved if each reservation were able to send its own representative to Congress?

• Republicans would hate it with a passion. Let's do it!

I think that's a great idea, but I've got two words for you as to why this would never happen. Those words are "Tea" and "Party." If each tribe or reservation was able to send its own representative to Congress, both houses would be solidly Democratic until the heat death of the universe. And that's why it'll never happen.

• Yes,native Americans' government issues would be resolved by representation in congress.

If the Native Americans had their own representative in congress then it would go a long way towards solving the problems that native americans have on a daily basis.The problem is that the majority rarely wants to give up any power at all even if it is best for the whole.

• Yes, this would help.

I do not think all of the Native Americans' government issues would be addressed if this were the case, but it would certainly be a step in the right direction and only fair since they were subjected to the worst genocide in human history. They are the original Americans and deserve to be represented.

• No taxation without representation.

The opposite should apply as well, unless you pay taxes you should be eligible for representation..Hell we already got problems as it is with millions not paying taxes yet multiplying as if humanity is facing extinction and giving more power to their localities through brute strength of quantity.

The country is now the US, time flows foward, and many nations were once different nations. Move on. I'm a naturalized American, and my ancestors were systematically exterminated by the Spaniards, what was back then serves as a reminder of what not to do, but if you want representation you must be part of the country, if not, then you get a reservation.

Posted by: N711
  • Not at all

No, they would not have any better effects out of this, since the Americans have always been good at shutting down any ideas that a native american might come up with, and we do not care about what happens to them at all here still in the US as it is.

• No, I don't believe Native American's government issues would be resolved if each researvation was able to send its own represenative to Congress.

I believe that while it may make Native American reservations happy to send a member to Congress it would do very little to solve their problems, they would be a very small minority in Congress with no real power in Government to do anything, so very little would be able to be accomplished.