Would our world be attractive if we all shared alike backgrounds and followed similar paths?

• It's In The Eye of the Beholder

If we all had similar backgrounds and followed similar paths, everything would be very uniform, plain, maybe even what some would call boring. So, if you're a person that likes everything to be uniform and alike, then it would be very attractive to you. For me, I like the variety.

• No, diversity is good.

It is very narcissistic to think we should all be alike because of course everyone would want everyone else to be like them. People have different looks and different cultures and foods and ideas. This is all good and makes life interesting so long as we do not fight over the differences.

• It Would Be Boring

I do not think our world would be attractive if well all shared common backgrounds and followed similar paths. I think that would severely narrow the path and ideology of what it means to be human. We are each individuals with different pasts and futures. It would be boring if we were all the same.

• World Would Be Boring With So Many Similarities

If we all shared alike backgrounds and followed similar paths, then the world would be pretty boring. The world would be a far less creative and diverse place, which would be a huge problem for various reasons. Nobody should wish to be like everyone else because that leads to a far more boring experience.

• No, our differences make life interesting.

Personally, I feel that the world would be a boring place if we were all highly similar. Having the same background and following a similar path would lead to no diversity. Additionally, it would cause a serious issue if everyone ended up pursuing the same career path. While our commonalities often give us something to talk about when we first meet, it can be our differences that make life more interesting as we get to know other people.