Would Paul have viewed the Gnosticism movement of the following centuries as actually Christian?

• Probably fairly positive

During the era of Paul there was not such thing as a Gnosticism movement because the concept did not exist, nor did most of the books involved even exist yet. The books of the bible were chosen via council in a political manner, and they would not seem invalid to him.

• Paul would of Disagreed

Paul would of not viewed the Gnosticism movement as actually Christian. That movement did not put Jesus Christ in the proper perspective and did not put enough emphasis on the Supreme Being that is Christ and that Christ is part of God. Paul would of preached to the believers of that movement.

• Paul Gnosticism Movement

I personally think that Paul would have viewed the Gnosticism movements of the following centuries as a departure from tradition and the way things are supposed to be. I think he would have seen it as completely not Christian and would have wanted to stop the spread of Gnosticism in its tracks before it caused damage.

• It would not have passed the smell test.

I think that, for some very obvious reasons, the Apostles like Paul would have been quite fundamentalist in their version of Christianity. So when considering that, I think that they would have considered the Gnostic movement to be heresy. There probably would have been a larger movement to eradicate that philosophy.

• No, Paul wouldn't have

I think Paul would have viewed the Gnosticism movements of the following centuries as a departure from tradition and the way things are supposed to be. I think he would have seen it as completely un-Christian and would have wanted to stop the spread of gnosticism in its tracks before it caused damage.