Would the ethics of Evidence-Based Medicine differ from the ethics of the medical field in general?

• Evidence-Based Medicine would share the same ethics

Evidence-Based Medicine is a wonderful addition to the medical field and does not pose an ethical threat to the medical field in general. Evidence-Based Medicine will allow practioners to expand their options in treatment and allow patients to get better care for their conditions. The medical field should embrace Evidence-Based Medicine and make it part of everyday care.

• No, I believe we need a set standard in general in regards to ethics in medicine.

No, I believe that we need to draw the line pretty clearly in regards to medicine in general. It shouldn't matter whether the medicine has good evidence to support it works or not. When it comes to testing, the standard should be set all across the board so that it's not abused.

• I Doubt It

I do not believe the ethics of evidence-based medicine would be any different from the ethics of the medical field in general. The ethics of medical care have been widely abused and over looked over the last few decades. Medicine shouldn't be about big business, but it is. It is likely that evidence-based medicine would be enveloped in these unethical practices as well.

• Evidence helps with decisions.

No, the ethics of evidence-based medicine would not differ from the ethics of the medical field in general, because it is always a good idea to look at evidence when making decision. There are certain things that might tug at the heart strings, but looking at evidence is more important to solving problems for patients.