Would the Founding Fathers be Proud of Today's America?

• Yes yes omg

They'd be happy to see it turned out as a world leader, but wouldn't like the current state it's in Before I begin my small argument, I would like to say that I am proud and happy to live in the USA. Neglecting Europe, it's definitely a much better country to live in than any other ones. I mean, I'd rather live here than the war turned Middle East or the starving African continent.

• Yes yes omg

• Yes omg yes

• We are the best country in the world

In 1814, during the War of 1812, the mansion was set ablaze by the British Army in the Burning of Washington, destroying the interior and charring much of the exterior. Reconstruction began almost immediately, and President James Monroe moved into the partially reconstructed Executive Residence in October 1817. Construction continued with the addition of the South Portico in 1824 and the North in 1829.

Because of crowding within the executive mansion itself, President Theodore Roosevelt had all work offices relocated to the newly constructed West Wing in 1901. Eight years later, President William Howard Taftwhich has expanded the West Wing and created the first Oval Office which was eventually moved as the section was expanded. The third-floor attic was converted to living quarters in 1927 by augmenting the existing hip roof with long shed dormers. A

• The Constitution is ignored

Nobody follows the constitution. Politicians especially. We are easily fooled, we are split due to the parties, we are OK with killing unborn children, we have our rights overridden every day and we just sit there and take it. We allow the government to destroy the constitution, which protects us. The founding fathers would be shooting by now.

• They would laugh at us

We have grown soft and have lost the intentions of the fathers. Look at the crime rates, which is a domestic problem, including theft and burglaries, home invasions, breaking and entering, and what not. We have a president that focuses on more "pressing issues" than isil and terrorism like them. Apparently we need to look at global warming right now. Founding fathers turned over in their graves

• We've failed Washington

Washington told the government before he left presidency that political parties will ruin us if they don't cooperate. Look at the Republicans and Democrats today. Well looks like those political parties didn't decide to follow the words of the father of our country. Would they be happy at us being the strongest nation military and economically. Who wouldn't? However if they saw the corruption in our government down from heaven they might wish they were still here to fix all of it. Sorry founding fathers if you can see how bad it is today.

• They'd be happy to see it turned out as a world leader, but wouldn't like the current state it's in

Before I begin my small argument, I would like to say that I am proud and happy to live in the USA. Neglecting Europe, it's definitely a much better country to live in than any other ones. I mean, I'd rather live here than the war turned Middle East or the starving African continent.

I think the founding fathers would be amazed at what America has turned into. If you think about it - it is amazing. Small colonists, most farmers, who were thought to be second-class citizens, won a war against the most powerful empire in the world at it's time. Still, could it become a world superpower, even having done that? Well, "somehow" it did. If I was one of the founding fathers, I'd be very proud.

However, I would also be disappointed in today's leaders of this country. If I recall correctly, George Washington claimed that political parties would ruin this country. I, for one, am all for political parties, but this two-way system has made the country almost as divided as it was in the Civil War, under different circumstances. It's a battle for power in the government; it shouldn't be treated that way though. I also think the founding fathers would very much hate the corruption we have in Congress today. They were all about equal rights for all people (well, kind of), not for the top 1% to influence the supposed-to-be representatives of the people. I don't know what their stance would be on the War on Terror, but I don't think they'd be greatly pleased with it either.

That being said, if I was one of the founding fathers looking down from Heaven, I'd be like, wow, good for America, from colonists to Confederates to white supremacy to one of two world powers to the only world superpower. However, I would be disappointed in some aspects, i.e. corruption in Congress. So, for that one last reason, I am going to have to say No.