Would the nation benefit from the closing of Guantanamo Bay?

• Guantanamo Bay has become a huge liability

America's prison at Guantanamo Bay is a major source of international conflict and public unrest. It exists entirely to place certain prisoners in limbo, outside yet inside the American justice system, and as such it is a hotbed of abuse. Regardless of people's opinions about each prisoner housed at Guantanamo, it is necessary to close the prison and bring its inmates fully into the justice system.

• Yes, I think the nation would benefit from closing Guantanamo Bay.

I think that Guantanamo Bay harms America's image nationwide, there are likely just as efficient ways to deal with captured suspected terrorists that does not involve having a large and widely known base in a Foreign country, Guantanamo has a poor reputation for treating prisoners with proper human rights and America would benefit from closing it down.

• not at all

no, we would not see any benefit from us closing up the guantamo bay prison. i think that it is a real important place and that it is a place that will keep a lot of the major criminals of this country out of the nation and away from us all.

• No, Not Really

I do not think the United States will directly benefit from the closing of Guantanamo Bay. That doesn't mean we shouldn't close it down, it's not really benefiting us while it's open. I just don't see much changing once it is closed down, it's ineffective and only in the backs of some Americans minds.

• The war is still on.

No, the nation would not benefit from the closing of Guantanamo Bay, because the war is not over. Until it is, and until terrorism is no longer a threat, there is no reason not to keep these people. If they are released, they will just go back to fighting us. It is for our safety.