• Yes, it really would.

Religion is nothing more than an ancient man's hope that at the end of is hopeless, meager life he will have something better to go on to. It's outdated, and our society is still held back by the "morals" of certain religions. (See: gay marriage) In all reality, religion was just a way to manipulate uneducated peoples into doing what their superiors wanted. (See: the Roman Catholic Church)

• Reason is the way forward.

The scientific method, while not eliminating conflict, at least provides the framework for seeking agreement and also is inconsistent with blind faith.
    Since religion is inconsistent with the scientific method and the scientific method is the way to improve the livelihood of mankind, the world would in the long run be a better place without religion.

• Depends on the past

If no religion was started back in the past then it would be better cuz we would then have no conflicts. BUT since we already have it and is abolished, we would have chaos riots and more. If not then we would be in peace for a certain period of time and then someone will start religion again and so on

• Yes, religion is causing all sorts of problems this day and age.

Religion used to, and still can produce hope. But also, it produces violence, fights and many other problems around the world. I believe that everyone should be agnostic or atheist because this world would be more peaceful. Also yes, there will still be a lot of violence on this planet. About the economy, laws, countries and more. But as I am one person, this is only my opinion.

• Only in the modern world

Religion is a big part of society. Death, life, marriage, Morals, etc are all because of religion. Religion is an important part of my life, even though i am a hardcore atheist, because my ancestors were brought together by religion i am here today. Religion is important to the past. Although that is true, they should get rid of it today. Like the others said, it is outdated. We don't need it anymore. The world can be a better place without it. No more murdering for religion, no more ignorance, no more prejudice, and no more arguing about things that have no evidence of truth. I believe if two people are going to argue, they must at least have facts to interpret about the topic, no just faith. In short, yes the world would be better without religion today.

• Religion is just confusing.

There are literally thousands of religions in the world, so the question is, which one is correct? That question alone sparked many wars and crusades and various accounts of ethnic cleansing. Religion claims to be the answer to all your problems but more often than not it just brings about violence.

• Humanity Implies Religion

Like another poster mentioned, a world without religion is impossible.
    To directly address those who claim “facts” are more important than religion, I propose the idea that humans are driven largely by instinctive desires, amongst which include pleasure, which comes from the understanding of the world, which in turn results in improvements in human life, and so on.
    Both science and religion attempt to increase our perceived understanding of the world. However, science is generally very difficult, as great findings are rare. The world is also not a very nice place for many, and dealing with the straight objective facts are often painful. Religion provides a much more direct path to a feeling of understanding of the world, directly satisfying that human instinct. It also provides a lot more direct pleasure than science, and is thus preferable to many. This foundation for religion is rooted deep into the human mind; a world without religion would seem to break this fundamental nature of humans. A question to those arguing the removal of all religion: wouldn’t new ideologies, call them “religions”, pop up soon after? Would the broken men of the world (just an example) really just go back to the harsh realities of life, or would they rather imagine a higher being who guarantees their pleasure in the afterlife? And then, religion is created again.
    To restate, to get rid of religion, we would have to alter the human nature or eradicate all humans (those appear to be the only two real ways of dealing with religion), and so we shouldn’t.

• No religion means no people

Religion is one of the very few universal concepts for humanity. Human beings are meaning-seeking creatures, which means that we are religious creatures by nature. Every culture we have ever discovered has had some form of religion. We have no concept of what life would be like without religion because we have never come across a society that does not have religion. The only meaningful way to talk about a world without religion is to talk about a world without people. I, personally, do not see that as an improvement.

• Humanity denying the Creator

Denying religion, would mean to deny the creator. He has made himself known through the religions of the world, we humans depend upon him. The world would be lost without religion, there would be no Shepard meaning no one to guide us and show us what's right, so its natural to have religion, unnatural if the world is without.

• It would be same

Even if there is no religion people will eventually form/join organizations (i.E. Fraternities, sororities) that have the same beliefs and interests as they. It's natural to categorize one's self with certain group of people. These are systems that operate almost just as religions do and they can be as powerful.

• I believe that religion is a great thing.

It can give people hope and comfort in times of need, which sometimes is all a person needs. Although other people may believe that science is the only truth and that religious people need to "open their eyes" to it, I don't believe that this is necessary. I do agree that science is a fundamental part of our world, but that does not mean that religious can't co-exist alongside it.
    It is clear that religion has provoked people to do bad things, but I do not think that religion is a weapon that forces or brainwashes people to do such things. I think that people interpret religion in a poor way sometimes, hence why they do such awful things. On top of that, I think it's even more prominent that people use religion as an excuse to do evil things. This isn't religion's fault, but the fault of people who need excuses to justify committing awful acts.
    I believe religion is primarily good and that many people are better off with religion than without it.

• It keeps things right.

Religion is beneficial because without it I know for a fact that there would be much more lawlessness than there is at this time. I'm not saying it's perfect now, and I'm not saying this beats I'm a Christian, I'm saying this out of personal experience, if I didn't believe that God existed, and that he doesn't want us to sin, I would. I honestly would probably kill people, steal things, and every other thing that I consider sad when other people do it. Purple do bad things because they don't see a reason not too, or sometimes because they see a (usually twisted) reason. If people lost the reason to obey the law, they wouldn't.

• It keeps things right.

• Religion is like a double-edge sword.

On one hand, religion has been used to justify war, slavery, conquest, and the killing of innocents. However on the other hand, religion has also been a force for good like Christian missionaries, charity work, mercy, and compassion toward others. Having said all that it's not fair to judge the entire concept of religion based upon the few bad examples in history of peoples' misusage of it. Just think if we were to judge the concept of government in that same way. There were times when governments in history had become corrupt and evil for example, the soviet union under Joseph Stalin during WW2, Stalin has been credited of killing between an estimated 34 to 49 million Russian citizens under his totalitarian government. Then there's the monarchy in England during the 11 century that had a caste/feudalistic society which meant no social upward mobility, if you were son of a shoemaker then you would become a shoemaker when you got older and nothing else. The list goes on and on but the point is we don't abolish government completely from our society just because it has been corrupted and tyrannical in history. I think religions' intention, that is its overall theme and message is a positive one when practice correctly and you can't deny all of the good it has done and continues to do to this day so all and all we shouldn't throw the baby with the bathwater out.

• It gives people hope and purpose

While there have been some incidents of violence from religion, the majority of religion helps people. People do not care if they are others because they believe in their own. Churches help the homeless, provide shelter to people, and integral parts in our communities. Religion makes people not afraid of death, and makes them feel better about their deceased family, knowing that they will see them again.

• The opposite is true.

No Religion means No morality. AS for the age old argument that religion causes all wars, there is a war being fought over drugs in Mexico and South America that is deadly as anything in the middle east it just doesn't get as much coverage. If it weren't religion humans would just find something else to kill each other over.