Would you allow your child to have a blood transfusion?

• It would save their life.

Yes, I would allow my child to have a blood transfusion, because if they needed one, it could mean the different between life and death for my child. Blood transfusions were dangerous in the 1970s and 1980s, before they screened for dangerous diseases in the blood. Now that they have screening procedures, blood transfusions are safe.

• I would definitely consider letting my child have a blood transfusion if he was in need of one.

I would definitely consider letting my child have a blood
    transfusion if he was in need of one. I
    think that blood transfusions have gotten much safer over the last few decades. Nowadays there is very little chance of
    someone contracting aids from a blood transfusion. Blood transfusions save lives.

• Of course I would.

Of course I would allow my child to have a blood transfusion. I'm not some anti-science religious freak. I don't understand how this could even be a serious question. Your kid is there in the hospital, about to die, and you're going to say oh no, no transfusion for my boy? Give me a break.

• If it was medically necessary, absolutely

If a blood transfusion was needed to save my son or daughter, I would absolutely allow it. There are worries about contaminated blood etc, but in a medical emergency I wouldn't refuse. I would rather have a living child,even if he or she got contaminated blood, than refuse a transfusion risk losing a life.

• I would allow to have my child to have a blood transfusion.

I would allow to have my child to have a blood transfusion. If the circumstances were necessary then I would not have a problem with it. Most of the diseases that used to be transferred during a blood transfusion have been eliminated with the use of technology and the advancement of medicine.