Would you be interested in watching a "Steroid League", for any sport, on television?

• It would be fun

Yeah it would be dangerous, but it would be fun as hell to watch. We get a whole bunch of athletes who would do whatever to be famous, make them sign a waver, and dope 'em up. Would you watch a game of (US) football were no one has pads, there is no rules, and there are all doped up. The epic fights would be awesome.

• Yes it should

So many professional athletes already take performance enhancing drugs, why not let it out into the open? There is no solid proof that the performance enchanting drugs effect peoples health later on - it may even help them have a safer and more prolonged sporting career. As a society I think we are ready for 2 different leagues.

• Yes it should

• Yes it should

• This would make my dreams come TRUE!!!!!!

I honestly think that sport these days are getting duller by the second. With the use of steroids we could freshen things up. I mean if an athlete wants to take these drugs and knows the health risks about them then i dont see a problem. With the knowledge these days there would be plenty of sport scientists who would moniter the daily dosige of these drugs

• The purpose of sports is entertainment

People forget that sports isn't about some higher calling, it's about the people who are entertained by watching it. That's what sports are put on TV for. There would still be a natural league for people who don't want to do something unhealthy and the people who take steroids wouldn't have an advantage because everyone would be using them. I feel like sports are honestly more boring when everybody is playing at a lower level. I want to see amazing feets of ability.

• Steroids make the game more entertaining!

Just think, your favorite baseball player just hit his eighth home run in one game, your favorite quarter back just threw a 99 yard touch down pass into the farthest corner of the end zone. This is what sports would be like if steroids were legalized. Many people say steroids take the fun out of the game because it is not they're original ability, but this is not true because it starts a new ability, players still vary in skill, but it makes the game faster, stronger, and more fun to watch.

• Would be much more entertaining!

I definitely would watch a league where steroids are used, or encouraged, over "normal" sports where steroids are not used. Think about it Baseball where the dudes are massive, swinging massive baseball bats, smashing massive baseballs, running twice as fast as "un-assisted" people do. It would be so much more fun to watch something like that, or picture massive football players tacking eachother, hell, it would be like titans crashing into eachother!

• Yes there should

Some of the perks involved in creating this separate league would be the level of drug testing would decrease in sports, letting the players train and sleep more increasing the skill level of the players as they will have better rested and better trained bodies and mind making the game more interesting to watch.
    Therefore making more money for the games as more people will pay higher prices to watch the games live, also increasing the demand for tickets driving the prices even higher, Whilst making more people watch the sports on television leading to the T.V. companies increasing the prices of putting an advertisement on their channels therefore making more money as well as the advertisement getting more viewers.
    This will also level the playing field as nowadays some players may be on performance enhancing drugs whilst others are not because you are either on performance enhancing drugs or you are not, there will be less of a middle ground between the two.

• It would be great - let's talk business

Huge financial windfall would be coming in media distribution media. This is huge for athletes, former and suspended who can have alternative careers if their physical needs require steroids. While may be considered immoral by prudes, it is a choice like many others by people of consenting age and is should be left to them to make.

• No, I would not be interested in a "steroid league", because it encourages unhealthy behavior.

Although it could be somewhat entertaining to have a steroid league, I don't think that we should be encouraging people to take substances that might harm their body. Steroid use has long-term effects on the health and well-being of people that use them. Offering a place for steroid users to draw attention to themselves would only increase steroid use.

Posted by: NineNathanial43
  • I would not be interested in a "Steroid League" for any sport, at any time, because steroids have ruined major sports.

Steroids have ruined major sports. I can't imagine anyone trying to create an all-steroid league, any legislative body allowing one to exist, or any advertisers wishing to associate themselves with it. So, no, not only do I find the idea of a "Steroid League" repulsive, I seriously doubt one could be created in the first place.

Posted by: BrownDustin82
  • I wouldn't be interested in watching a "Steroid League" for any sport, because it is cheating, illegal, and takes the fun out of competition.

I wouldn't be interested in watching a "Steroid League" for any sport. Competition is fair, and it requires ability to perform, not the ability to cheat with performance enhancing drugs. Steroids would take the fun out of any game, and statistics, emotions, rivalries, standings, anything and everything, would be compromised. I have absolutely no interest in seeing any sport stoop this low, even if the proper league is still playing alongside it.

Posted by: ToyMatt
  • No I would not be interested; steroid league would be bad example to children

I would not be interested in watching steroid league for any sport on television because children that idolize sports players would be given the message that it is okay to use body enhancing drugs to perform better in a sport. I think that the people that are making these athletes rich by watching them should be given some consideration and keep players drug or steroid free.

Posted by: IcyGrover
  • I would not watch a "steroid league", because that would promote dangerous practices.

Steroids are dangerous and harmful to the body. Allowing them in sports for the purpose of televising it would promote their use, which we should never do.

Posted by: darcyska
  • A steroid league for viewing would only perpetuate the macho strong man persona.

I feel it would be so irresponsible to allow a league that encouraged steroid use. Steroids are an illegal drug when used for performance enhancement. We as a society should in no way condone this dangerous drug that gives athletes more power without any extra work. This would encourage others into thinking that hard work is not needed to succeed as an athlete.

Posted by: M0r3Interior
  • I wouldn't watch a steroid league, because I don't condone people causing harm to themselves for the enjoyment of others.

Steroid use is extremely hazardous to a person's health, and I think that the promotion of this type of behavior is harmful in society. If steroid use is glamorized, youth will look forward to using them as well, to improve their performance. Steroids cause even more harm to a child's body, and we should do what we can to glamorize working hard to achieve goals with your natural talents, instead of relying on drugs to be our best.

Posted by: daveyxh
  • A league consisting of athletes on steroids promotes both an unattainable and unhealthy standard, and watching such a thing would be promoting the athletes hurting their own bodies.

I would not watch a league composed of athletes on steroids. First, it promotes a nearly unattainable ideal of people who are faster, stronger, and bigger than people naturally are. If people try to accomplish these standards they will be harming their bodies. Additionally, the athletes are harming their own bodies with the steroids since there are many known side effects to those drugs.

Posted by: EvelynP
  • I will not be interested in watching these kinds of "Steroid Leagues" if I know that all the players that join this kind of league are using steroids. They cannot show the best of their talents by using steroids.

Many athletes use steroids because they believe that it will help them to excel in their chosen field, but using steroids can lead to harsh side effects and cause severe and permanent damage. So if a "Steroid League" will be shown, it really just5 shows off steroids and not the athletes' own talents.

Posted by: LevinAngelic
  • I would not be interested in watching a "Steroid League" because it takes the fun out of the game.

Sports are supposed to be competitions between different players, not a competition of drugs. Its great and interesting to see how athletes have disciplined and trained themselves to be incredibly fit and able to perform amazing feats. However, that doesn't mean that steroids would be just as good. It would turn into a race find the better chemicals, and the spirit of the sport would be lost. A "Steroid League" would just not be (fun) sports to watch.

Posted by: Farre2cooI