Would you be willing to date someone who is waiting to have sex until marriage?

• Why would I marry you?

Here is a nice statistic, 50% of American marriages end in divorce. Sex is part of a relationship, it one of the way to show trust to your potential life partner. Not having sex it like saying " I love you and all, but just don't trust you to the level to have sex with you". That is brutal if you expect you partner to spend the rest of their live with you. What if the sex is bad, or what if you don't like each other in bed. This will affect the relationship in the future. Establishing good communication within the couple is key to a successful marriage.

• I'd be willing, yes.

I probably wouldn't mind; sex isn't exactly the first thing on my mind when I think of a relationship. I probably wouldn't marry an asexual, though. I do want sex eventually. But like I said, it's not very important to me. I can still have a functioning relationship without sex.

• I would prefer it.

When someone is responsible enough to wait till marriage to have sex says a lot about their character. Waiting till marriage to have sex will also prove the relationship to be true and not based off of sexual activity. So I would say yes, and that it's actually better that way.

• I would prefer it.

• Not worth the risk

If you wait until marriage to be intimate with someone, you run the risk of being stuck with an asexual, prudish or lousy wife/husband; then you are totally hooped. Getting married is a terrible enough idea for men in particular, so if you are going to take the stupid risk, make sure your prospective partner is first rate in bed. Taking a "test drive" of a few models ahead of time is a good idea to establish minimum expectations/criteria. There is nothing worse than getting married only to find you are stuck with a worthless prude who wants nothing to do with physical intimacy in a few short months. If this does happen to you, my suggestion is an immediate divorce before kids enter the picture.

• Maybe, but probably not.

I'm not ready to get married for at least 4 or 5 more years, and I'll be honest that I can't go that long without sex, at least not while I'm in my prime and not looking to settle down. I may never want to marry at all, at least not legally. If I'm in any relationship I consider loving and committed, I think sex is one of the most intimate and personal ways to show affection, as long as you both trust each other.