Would you choose to get the cane instead of detention?

Asked by: cheeky
  • It can instill an appropriate amount of fear in students.

Students need to realize their wrongdoings and with caning it can make them stop repeating all these offences. Moreover, detention can't really help make those really stubborn wake up. Caning is the only thing that can correct these behavioral problems. I'm sure in the olden times, your parents went through the same thing and they turned out fine so don't tell me caning will only worsen a kid's physical and mental state (well not all) Caning is effective when done properly.

• I am saying this in case the person who is getting this has done something serious

We have all heard the famous saying spare the rod and spoil the child.The person should be beaten up for his mistake since it will make him realize his mistakes and he will fear to even think about repeating it while, detention will only make him, think that if he does it again then he will just have to sit there.

• Not fair on students

Do u really think that students worldwide need to be “hit” by a cane or a strap just to get them to listen,too me this is just unbelievably cruel and children arent allowed to hit so why are teachers allowed to,they r responsible for caring about the child at school,dont think this is caring

• Not fair on students

• A sadistic practice.

I do not trust the motivations of cane wielders. In several Catholic boarding schools in the United Kingdom priest teachers have been convicted of sexual abuse of students connected with corporal punishment. There is a close connection between corporal punishment, as normally administered, and sexual abuse. Should never be allowed

• I'd file a lawsuit if I got the cane.

I for one do not agree with corporal punishment at all and I think if it occurs it should be punished by law as child abuse. Detention makes those who did something wrong realize it, but in a subtle manner. Getting beaten up makes students frightened and causes resentment in the child.

• Lawsuits exist for a reason.

For one thing, I would be adamantly against being beaten, as it is outright child abuse that is punishable by law.

Secondly, there is some evidence to suggest that physical punishment breeds resentment in the child, which will cause them to lash out even more in school.

On the other hand, detentions allow the students to reflect on their actions, get some homework done, and their punishment becomes the deprivation of materialistic goods.