Would you consider traveling to The Philippines after knowing so many people were killed by the police and vigilantes?

• More than before.

Sounds to me like the police and the citizens are cleaning up the drug issues that their country has. Obviously the drug lords of their country aren't going to go quietly. This of course leads to many of those involved in the drug industry to die trying to protect their illegal trade. Sounds to me like the citizens are also tired of the drug industry and are trying to help, after all it is their country that is being adversely effected by the drug trade as well. Maybe by the time they are done, the Philippines will be out of the drug trade entirely making it a much better country.
    Hey, if this works, maybe the U.S. should do the same thing. Just imagine if we got rid of all the drug dealing groups like the drug gangs and cartel influences. Sure, just as the Philippines, many of the street gangs and other groups are not going to go down without a fight and it would likely cause many of the gang members and such to die in the process. If we add the 712 police deaths with the 1,067 believed vigilante deaths in the Philippines, we get 1,779 suspected drug criminals killed. In 2012, it was estimated that there is about 30,700 gang members in the U.S. Sure, many of them will give up before being killed but many will not. I think that if we did the same thing here, we could see a death toll much higher but I think our country would be better for it just as the Philippine people feel.

Either way, I don't see myself going to the Philippines. What do they have that this country doesn't? Basically, you can do and see the same types of things without traveling to the other side of the globe, and you don't have to learn a different language to see them.

• Yes, I would consider traveling to The Philipines after knowing so many people were killed by the police and vigilantes.

Yes, I would still consider traveling to The Philippines after knowing so many people were killed by the police and vigilantes because there is always crime and violence going on and you can not let it hold you back from what you want to do and places you want to see.

• Yes, I would consider traveling to The Philippines after knowing so many people were killed by the police and vigilantes.

Yes, I would consider traveling to The Philippines after knowing so many people were killed by the police and vigilantes. I think going to the Philippines would be an eye-opening experience. It would also give me the chance to do some good. Maybe I could try helping those who were effected by those killings.

• It is a good idea to avoid volatile areas like the Philippines

Many countries are experiencing extreme violence and unrest currently. Foreigners traveling to these countries and regions are at the highest risk of being abducted or killed. Many countries are not equipped to properly defend citizens and travelers from these attacks. Until countries like the Philippines have better control on crime, it is a good idea to avoid them.

• No, I would not.

I would not travel to the Philipeans without having a good reason for going there and without knowing where I was going and how to stay safe. There are many places that are not safe for outsiders, including the neighborhood I live in, and I do not recommend being a tourist in those places.