Would you consider yourself poor if you suddenly lost all forms of income?

• I'm Already Poor

Even with my current forms of income I am in poverty, so if I lost those forms of income I would most certainly be poor. I currently do free lance work and my ex-felon boyfriend has only be able to maintain part time employment at a local Pizza Hut. We aren't rich and it is doubtful that we'll ever be rich. We're hoping to be comfortable some day, but that is even doubtful in today's economy.

• Obviously you'd be poor

If you don't have any income at all, you're poor. Income levels are what define poverty. There really isn't any wiggle room around this definition. If you have no income you can't eat, you can't pay the electric bill, you can't do much of anything at all. Honestly, I can't even imagine how you could argue the other side of this question.

• No, I wouldn't consider myself poor.

I would not consider myself poor should I one day lose all forms of my income. I think that there is more to life than just money. The money I make, while can buy me some happiness, is not the source of my happiness. I think that people should instead focus on other things that can make them happy such as goals.

• I have a savings.

No, I would not consider myself poor if I suddenly lost all forms of income, because I saved money while I was working. I have my emergency fund, and that would keep me living well for a while. I would also spend a great deal of time trying to find a new source of income immediately.