Would you dump the girl/guy you love because your mother doesn't like them?

• I would dump the girl I love because my mother doesn't like her; she is a good judge of character and a Christian, and I trust her judgment.

I would dump the girl I love if my mother didn't approve of her. My mother is a Christian and a good judge of character. I am confident that if my mother, who supports me completely, told me she didn't like a girl I was dating, then it would be in my best interest to stay away from that girl. Most likely, there is something about this girl that I didn't catch in the first place that is wrong. I would trust my mother's judgment.

Posted by: ToyMatt
  • Love is Blinding

We all want to believe the person we're in love with is perfect, and they probably want you to believe they're perfect. But they're not dating your parents, and your parents usually want the best for you. They are more likely to see what you can't. If you'd trust your parents in everyday life, you can probably trust them on this.

• How to get back love one

My husband kept on cheating on me..At first he was forgiven because i believe in second chances but still he cheats again with another woman I’ve been married for twelve years and my husband has been cheating . I told my pastor about it we prayed and fasted nothing happen. We have three children together who are still very young. My husband does not cheat with one woman, but many. Recently, for my birthday my husband left the house and never came back home the phone was dead i was frustrated i cried i prayed my Pastor told me everything will be fine, at night i was checking my mails i saw a comment online where a lady was testifying on how her husband was brought back by a spiritual doctor i contacted through the mail he responded immediately i told him my situation he told me 24 hour was all he needed to fix my situation it was like a joke, 6hours later my husband called me apologizing on the phone, that was how my husband came back home after two months separation my husband came back, his love became stronger than ever if your relationship is seeking please Dr Moosa has the answer. His mail is moosatemple@yahoo.Com

• I was Forced to

Back In october I was dating a guy and mom really didn't like him. He was 2 years older and Was not even cute. I decided To go with my mom. I now Agree with her. I found a guy that she doesn't like now but i'm trying to figure out how to get her to like him. But in the end i'll go with what she wants for me

• A mothers jealousy over sons/daughters girlfriend/boyfriend even wife/husband

I speak of what i think, feel and believe you can go ahead and laugh at me all you want you can mock me all you want and you can insult me all you want but you wont break me so here goes nothing i guess. My divine mother gave birth to me she fell in love with me and she lost her virginity to me i gave her my virginity its the truth and my divine aunts also fell in love with me they each gave their virginity to me and at some point after the universe was created i conceived children with my divine aunts and specially with my divine mother. I would ask you what would you feel if truth was that many mothers developed feelings of love for their son or sons but tried to lie to herself or try to not commit incest even if its like torture for her to not get to be honest with herself not getting to fall in love with her son would you still thought incest is evil, wrong and sinful in itself if my divine mother and i commited incest ? I do love my divine mother the most and i care about her the most i always will till the end of time. As for myself im the very first man to ever exist i do not have a father i was born before the universe was created i do not have a father but i became a father myself and i became a father after the universe was created i conceived many healthy children with my divine aunts and my divine mother its the truth my divine grandmother have incredibly strong feelings of love for me but i havent accepted her love yet i believe i think she is even still a virgin maybe even right now as i speak. What would you felt if i did speak truth that my divine mother fell in love with me would you felt encouraged to commit incest or not ? I say incest is still love some mothers are jealous of their daughter-in-laws because they actually have feelings of love for their son wanted to have sex with their son so much ached for their son(s) you should think about it properly not be brainwashed like illuminati wants you to be and if you cant accept that incest is okay then you are never going to heaven no matter what you say and how much you plead to me you can call me a tyrannt all you want. Thats all i had to say farewell you foolish, blind, naive and misguided mortals.

• I would as well

Although I am thirteen and I don't know the first thing about love, I do like this guy but my mum doesn't approve of him at all. :( I still like him and he still likes me but we can't go out because my mum and dad don't approve of him because of his religion.Yes I really like him and we are good friends she is making me choose between him or my freedom. I respect my mum's decisions and I probably will stop being friends him. It's probably best for me and I may not understand now but when I am older I'm sure I will thank her, it's breaking my heart but oh well. After all it is family first before anything or anyone.

• Your parents only want the best for you.

If your parents tell you to, then respect it and thoroughly reflect on it. Obviously they don't say it to joke around with you. They must have a reason why they do it. Sometimes because you are inside of it you are not aware of how it looks from the outside. But your parents, they can see it and can warn you if they have to.

• She has this thing called experience.

I respect my mother unquestioningly, and if she perceives a female as destructive, then I avoid aforementioned female like the plague.
    Given that I am asexual in any case, I don't find this to be an issue.
    However, the principle is the same for substances. Mom's okay with caffeine, but drugs? Nooooo thank you.
    (read the last two sentences like this http://youtu.be/G56VgsLfKY4?t=14s)

• I would have to

After all, my mother sort of owns me and I have to follow whatever she says. She has the power to control my life and sadly, I have to follow her orders. So if she says "no" to my dream guy, I'd have to break up with him. . .

• Your mom should be your life

I will always believe my mother. Your going too take a person you "love" over your mother a woman thats been there all your life and will never leave and the person your with can leave you at any second. Me personally ill donanything in the world for my mother so she can be happy girls come and go but mother is always there. Trust me youll regret treating your mother bad and saying "its my life" this life is nobody we borrowed this life.

• You live your life, not your parents

Your parents may be the one who put you trough the first years of your life. Raised you, took care of you, but their not you. Your a different individual, you have to live your life, by your own rules, and follow your heart. You should live your life by what you want, and not listen to what anybody has to say. You should value your parents words, but when you start sacrificing your own happiness for THEIR happiness your screwed. Make your own luck and stand up for your choices. Maybe you have found the one your going to marry in a couple of years? Who knows? If your true love is right in front of your eyes.. Dont you dear to let her go because of your parents stupid headless arguments

• Why should I?

Seriously, it's your damn life. Why should you care what your parents, grandparents, siblings, uncles, aunts, whatever, think of your girlfriend? Most people are aware society is filled with idiots. What most people are not really ready to accept is that amongst their family there might exist a bunch of those. I wouldn't dump my girlfriend if my mother didn't like her at all. It isn't her call. It's mine. She's had her life, her choices and her consequences and yes, you might argue "Well, my mother has a lot of experience and she's just trying to show me what's better for me", but whatever works for her doesn't necessarily apply to you. You're different people. And even if my mother was right and I was wrong, if this girl wasn't right for me, I'd still prefer to be mistaken with a decision of mine than be uncertain because of someone else's decision. Ditto.

• I wouldn't dump him!

I actually have this going on right now. The mother of the guy I love doesn't like me, but yet she also doesn't really know me. I have only met her maybe 2 or 3 times. He broke up with me, and didn't talk to me for the longest time. Yet, if any guy ever tries to get interested in me he is the first to try to talk to me! He wants me in his life, but feels as though I don't belong. :-/ Crazy I know! Bottom line: If my mother didn't like him (and she doesn't because of the way he has treated me) then it still wouldn't affect my decision to try to be with him. However, he did say his mother would probably run him off if he ever saw me. I think that is ridiculous. No one can stop you from seeing someone if you truly love them. In the end I would fight to do whatever it took if I had to. All because of one simple fact: At the end of my life I am the only person who has to live with my decisions and whatever regrets I may have. I would regret more not fighting to be with the person I love then to regret letting someone else ruin it for me.

• It's My Life

This is a hard question to answer since each situation is different. But I lean towards no because it's true, this is MY life. I don't want to have any regrets when my time is done so I refuse to let anyone or anything stand in the way of my happiness. I agree that as your parents, your mother or father would only have the best intentions for you. By saying that they don't want you dating someone they most likely only have the best intentions. Like hoping to protect you from something negative having to do with your partner. But just because they have pure motives that does not make them right. They may dislike your choice of a partner for a number of reasons. What you should do is find out what those reasons are. Sit down with your parents and find out what the true reasons are for their discontent with your partner. Tell them how you feel about him or her and listen to what they have to say as well. Some parents may have superficial or other inappropriate reasons to dislike them. If this is the case and you truly cannot change their mind, forget them. I don't mean never speak to them again or anything rash like that, what I mean is it's your life and if you full heartedly love this person, then you'll stick with them no matter what. And if your parents love you they will come to accept this person because what good, loving, true parents really want at the end of the day is for their child to be happy.

• Its your relationship and your happiness

If you have a girlfriend who makes you happy and who you love to spend time with it shouldn't matter what others think. Hold onto the people that make YOU happy and feel loved no matter how much others disagree with it. If your Mother doesn't like your girlfriend ask her why and get them to talk it out to see if they can sort things out.

• Hard one, but no.

Because of my personal relationship with my mother, I have grown to value her opinion more than anyone else's, and I will think about her -reasons- for not liking the love of my choosing, but she is incapable of dictating who I love. The way I see it, she doesn't have to love him, sleep with him, or be around him, and as long as I am happy, why the hell would it matter to her? She should trust me to make proper decisions myself

• Love has no boundaries

Love has no boundaries. Any outside influences between a couple are always present but true love should generally prevail.

Your parents do have your best interests at heart but they don't own your heart and completely understand it or love with it.

You were born into this world as an individual unique person, granted the privilege of choice and those liberties we all often forget (or take advantage of). Being that unique person we should not judge our partners based on external influences that attempt to flaw your partner because the truth is we all have flaws. If we learn to accept one another in perfect love this question is easily solved.

Your parents could be right, they could sense something going or about to go wrong...whatever the outcome it does not matter because the unpredictability of life Is beautiful which makes it more interesting and rewarding.

Sorry mum whatever you say, I hear you, but you are not me, I am me. The choices I have made they were never yours to begin with. I planted a seed, it grew to a tree, so leave it alone--it won't need your pruning :)

• I would not dump my love if my mother disapproved, because I decide what's right for me.

If I ever let my mother have influence over who I dated and loved, I'd be surrendering my power to be happy to another individual. All that accomplishes is never being happy, because you are then only there to feed the happiness of that person. My mother sees me as a son, and she could never know who is a good romantic match for me.

Posted by: FlakyHerb64
  • it doesn't matter what my mother thinks, because it only matters how I feel.

People tend to worry too much about what others think. If you love someone, there is no violence involved, and they treat you well, then it doesn't matter if your parents don't like them. You may not like one of your parents, but the other parent still stays with them.

Posted by: CeIIoBurke
  • I think, as an adult, it's my responsibility to make my own choices as to whom I date.

As an adult, whether or not my parents approve of my significant other is of little concern to me. If I was living with my parents, this would be more difficult, as it could raise discontent at home. It's a lot easier to stand up for yourself when you are an independent person. I would take my parents' concerns into consideration, but ultimately it's my decision, not my mother's, who I date.

Posted by: TrainLock