• Yes, Climate change

With increased prosperity, people are consuming more and more meat products every year. In 2017 61,318,000,000 kg of beef were produced. Scientists have predicted that meat production and consumption is going to double in the next century. A Japanese study shows that for every kilogram of beef that is produced 36.4 kg of carbon dioxide is released into the earth's atmosphere. This means that in 2017 there was 2,231,975,200,000 kg of carbon dioxide released. A Dutch scientist released a solution to the climate change problem. In 2013 the first ever lab grown ‘beef burger’ was produced. Over the years many scientists have worked together to make lab grown meat and have predicted that lab grown meat can reduce global warming. Lab grown meat, otherwise known as cultured meat, is meat that is cell cultured grown and not produced by animals. Scientists have come to the realisation that by utilising cell culture techniques it could grow muscle cells that produce lab grown meat. Memphis Meats and Mosa Meats predict that lab grown meat will be sold worldwide in 2020.

• Whether you like it or not

The world will soon see cultured meat (and other products) as an answer to the current world hunger and economic welfare problems. Even the environment will be saved due to a drastic decrease in farming lands, fuel and water used to feed live stock (we're talking about 95%+ decrease). Heck, I expect some vegetarians to start eating cultured meat because animal welfare problem will be solved.

• Whether you like it or not

• It's completely natural, and the ethical thing to do.

There is absolutely no difference between the meat grown in labs and the meat grown on farms. The actual meat itself is not "modified" in any way, as some people have claimed, it is just grown in a different way so that actual animals wont be killed. Lab grown meat IS actual meat, it is made of living cow cells that originate from live cows, the cells just grow up in a different environment. There are no risks associated with lab grown meat either, so the claims that others have made are wrong.

Besides, lab grown meat is still more natural than the horrific, barbaric ways animals are grown and slaughtered today.

• Mostly for ethical reasons

First, let's get over the naturalistic fallacy: natural does not mean good, and unnatural does not mean unhealthy. Medicine is unnatural, rattlesnakes are natural.

Now, we're talking about cultured stem cells: what all cows are composed of, chemically indistinguishable from the beef you've had at home, but without any fat. It's also guaranteed your meat wasn't injected with hormones or tortured before it arrived on your table. Ultimately, I think this is the future's solution to the endless vegetarian debate. Bring on the lab meat!

• No, that is scary.

No, I would not eat a lab-grown burger, because there would be too many risks associated with eating something grown in a lab. The technology on that is new, and they do not know whether it causes cancer. It is also not a burger, because it is not actual meat. I want my meat to have moo-ed once in its life.

• No I Would Not

No, I would definitely not eat a lab-grown burger. We've gotten so far away from real, whole foods and have very little idea as to what all of our processed, modified "foods" are doing to our bodies. A lab-grown burger would, in all honestly, gross me out completely. I try to eat as healthily as I can, and my idea of healthy food is REAL food. Not lab food.