Would you enroll your child in gun safety classes if it were provided through public schools?

• It is important for children to know that guns aren't toys.

While parents will feel naturally apprehensive about allowing their children in the vicinity of weapons it is far better that they are taught responsibility and gun safety in a secure environment rather than picking up a gun and treating it as a toy when they are unsupervised. If children are taught how dangerous guns are they are much less likely to have an accident with one.

• I would enroll my child in gun safety classes it it were provided through the public school system.

I grew up on a farm and have known how to shoot a gun since I was 11-years-old. My kids will know how to do the same. Therefore, if there were gun safety classes offered my trained instructors through the public school system, I would undoubtedly enroll my children. I profusely believe in thorough gun education.

• Absolutely! Better safe than sorry.

I'm not a fan of guns and I've never even shot one. Having said that, I don't think that there's anything wrong with teaching some basic gun safety in public schools. After all, whether you like it or not, guns aren't going anywhere anytime soon. (The only thing is if they're my kids I don't want them to be anywhere near live ammunition!).

• It is important that every kid know the possibilities of a firearm

While not every kid will ever hold a gun or fire a real one, it is important that every kid know the ins and outs of a firearm and what it is capable of just in case. Every kid should be enrolled in a fire arm safety course because it will allow them to understand how dangerous weapons really are to the citizens of America.

• Children are children; they are not mature adults.

Because children are so young, their minds are always curious to learn more about the world and environment around them. This presents a threat as although children may be educated on the basics of the gun, that they might use it to their advantage, regardless of warnings and / or possible consequences.