Would you feel safer with armed guards patrolling your school?

• Please No Guards

I would feel uncomfortable because the need for armed guards isn't for no reason. I would have trouble concentrating knowing that armed guards have to be at my school and make me feel unsafe. This would be a waste of tax dollars and as previously stated they would be unnecessary 99% of the time.

• Yes i would

Yes because what happened at sandy hooked really made me scared because what if it happened to my school and my freinds get hurt and my teacher I would not want that because it would hurt me bad and i have famliy in the school and they could get hurt.

• As a student I say, Yes.

In a school with no weapons or trained guards we students are extremely vulnerable, we could be described as sitting ducks. If we had armed guards patrolling our halls and they have been through the appropriate training then I would feel safer. Schools have always had issues with fighting and now shootings, we should protect our schools.

• Donald trump is right

We need armed guards to protect us from all the illegal teenagers who want to harm Americas children with guns, we need to keep them out of our schools and out of our state, theirs a reason why we built a fence in the first place to keep em out

• Guards Are Needed

Guards at schools should be allowed because because recently there was a shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary. If there were guards, students might feel safer around the school environment. Criminal activity is increasing and terrorism is getting more frequent. If guards were around schools, they could keep suspicious people out of schools and protect the students.

• Guards Are Needed

• Guards Are Needed

• In a way.

Assuming they have undergone stringent background checks, personality exams, and all the training that can ideally be applied, with constant safety exams and training, I would feel more at ease in this situation. Especially because the media, in a sense, glorifies those that go out in a shooting, which then leads to more shootings. Properly trained armed guards would help to put a stop to that.

• Yes of course

Yes because what if 911 is all the way out there and you have no one to stop the shooter from killing. Another thing would be that kids would feel more safe if teachers have guns because they have someone to protect them if something bad happens at there school

• Would you rather be uncomfortable or risk the chance of death.

Okay, first of all no one could just waltz in to a school with a guard uniform. There are background checks and id cards! And for those who feel uncomfortable around guards, they won't do anything! Armed guards would also have quicker response time than police officers. And if anyone is worried about paying the guards and how much money that would cost, that could come out of our tax! Wouldn't a parent want to protect their children from dying? All I'm saying is that armed guards would help a lot and school's would be much safer.

• I'd feel like a prisoner

I understand that this would be initiated for safety reasons but the way it would feel, to me, is as if I'm a prisoner. Like the schools that have metal detectors and things, it would be an instant turnoff. My thought process being that the school is likely to be involved in something that requires this excess. I understand that you cannot determine what will happen but I'm sure our tax dollars will be paying for these armed guards that 99% of the time will be unnecessary.

• Not really

I have never attended a school where an armed guard would be necessary. We had a student resource officer on duty each day, but it was not an armed guard, in the usual sense, it was just an officer there in case he or she was needed. Some schools do need guards, but none I have experienced.

• No I Would Not

Armed guards being in front of my school would not make me feel safer. If guards are there, they are there for a reason. Having guards at a school is not going to stop everything. If people are going to do a crime or cause trouble they will whether a guard is present or not.

• No thank you

I don't feel like they could make a big difference because with or without guards crimes will still be committed. I've gone to a school were there is a lot of guards and more crime and a school where there is one guard and way less crimes. My question is how does this make since if you were to really sit back and think about it?

• No thank you

• No thank you

• No armed guards

There are many other initiatives we could take to make schools safer. For example, putting in metal detectors. If there were armed guards, I would feel uneasy knowing that people had guns in my school. Also, it is a waste of tax money to hire guards because school shootings are so rare. The tax money should be going to someplace else in the school like funding clubs or sports teams.

• No I Wouldn't!

Couldn't some guy dress like an officer and waltz right in with two pistols and a long rifle? Wouldn't it also put the idea of an attack into students minds, I believe schools can make the building safer without the use of guards. Although it would be a little more safer wouldn't we look vulnerable.

• No way no

Never say never is a phrase saying to never say never however the never in the never say never no my name is no my number no you need to let it go! No way no you will never NO ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha NONONONONONON

• No way no