Would you feel safer with armed guards patrolling your school?

• Please No Guards

I would feel uncomfortable because the need for armed guards isn't for no reason. I would have trouble concentrating knowing that armed guards have to be at my school and make me feel unsafe. This would be a waste of tax dollars and as previously stated they would be unnecessary 99% of the time.

• Yes i would

Yes because what happened at sandy hooked really made me scared because what if it happened to my school and my freinds get hurt and my teacher I would not want that because it would hurt me bad and i have famliy in the school and they could get hurt.

• As a student I say, Yes.

In a school with no weapons or trained guards we students are extremely vulnerable, we could be described as sitting ducks. If we had armed guards patrolling our halls and they have been through the appropriate training then I would feel safer. Schools have always had issues with fighting and now shootings, we should protect our schools.

• Donald trump is right

We need armed guards to protect us from all the illegal teenagers who want to harm Americas children with guns, we need to keep them out of our schools and out of our state, theirs a reason why we built a fence in the first place to keep em out

• Guards Are Needed

Guards at schools should be allowed because because recently there was a shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary. If there were guards, students might feel safer around the school environment. Criminal activity is increasing and terrorism is getting more frequent. If guards were around schools, they could keep suspicious people out of schools and protect the students.

• Guards Are Needed

• Guards Are Needed

• Bbbbbb b b

V v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v gtgt g t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t t

• Bbbbbb b b

• Bbbbbb b b

• No way no

Never say never is a phrase saying to never say never however the never in the never say never no my name is no my number no you need to let it go! No way no you will never NO ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha NONONONONONON

• No way no

• Nope. No guards please.

I live in a safe area and having security officers patrolling around my school would scare me. I get it for sketchy areas but even then the security wouldn't really work unless the security had real guns and tasers. If they had rubber bullet guns they would not be taken seriously.

• No

I understand why people would want the new requirements to protect, but in my opinion, if armed guards came to my school, I would feel terrified. I would suppose if armed guards came to a school with kindergarteners, how would they react? I certainly would feel very scared. So, I think armed guards is certainly not the best idea to protect schools.

• I'd feel like a prisoner

I understand that this would be initiated for safety reasons but the way it would feel, to me, is as if I'm a prisoner. Like the schools that have metal detectors and things, it would be an instant turnoff. My thought process being that the school is likely to be involved in something that requires this excess. I understand that you cannot determine what will happen but I'm sure our tax dollars will be paying for these armed guards that 99% of the time will be unnecessary.

• Not really

I have never attended a school where an armed guard would be necessary. We had a student resource officer on duty each day, but it was not an armed guard, in the usual sense, it was just an officer there in case he or she was needed. Some schools do need guards, but none I have experienced.

• No I Would Not

Armed guards being in front of my school would not make me feel safer. If guards are there, they are there for a reason. Having guards at a school is not going to stop everything. If people are going to do a crime or cause trouble they will whether a guard is present or not.