Would you like to see environmental protections strengthened?

• Yes, it should be

Issues like global warming, air pollution, ground pollution, and water pollution has a negative effect on both health and the environment. I believe that certain environmental regulations, laws, and treaties should be passed to help combat these issues and I believe that green technology such as hydrogen powered and electric cars, wind power plants, solar power plants, etc can also help us combat these issues. I also believe that we should recycle our trash more then letting it in landfills.

• They're strong enough already.

What the environmentalists don't tell you and don't want you to know is that the regulations we have in place now have significantly improved air quality, water quality, etc. Over what it was in years past.
    Fact: cars and fossil fuel power plants are 200 times cleaner today than they were just 20 years ago.
    Environmental extremist demands: Cap and Trade

Cap and trade is a market-based approach used to control pollution by providing economic incentives for achieving reductions in the emissions of pollutants. The main constituent is CO2 emissions. Global warming may be occurring, but there's no conclusive evidence that it's man caused. One moderate volcanic eruption spews more CO2 and sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere than 100 industrial revolutions combined. And volcanoes have been erupting for centuries. No, the real reason for cap and trade is to create another commodities market where someone could buy up a bunch of emissions permits then sell them to the highest bidder. So in essence what has happened is they've created a "problem" and now they will "sell" you the solution.

And as for their big push for electric cars, where do they think the electricity is going to come from to charge all these electric cars after they've shut down every nuclear, coal and natural gas power plant in the country? Oh that's right, from all the wind farms and solar power plants. Right. I don't know if you've noticed this or not but the wind doesn't blow all the time, and the output of solar goes to 0 or near 0 megawatts at night. Don't get me wrong, I believe there's always a place for wind and solar, but that place will always be supplementary. You can't run base load with either wind or solar. Some other form of power that's non-weather dependent is going to have to be generated.

And what about the used batteries in all these electric cars? The average life of one of these battery packs is about ten years. Where are they going to be disposed of? I suppose they'll just come up with a whole slew of new regulations to address that. God help us.