• We all pay one way or another.

In fact, sex with a paid professional might be the cheapest kind of sex around. No expectations, other than a fair hour's pay for a fair hour's work. No "wine me, dine me...", no "happily ever after", no "put a ring on it", no honeydew lists. Oh man, am I in trouble ;-)

• If I had the desire.

If I had the desire to have sex and no other option I would pay for sex. Honestly the probable reason I have not done so in the past is that the yearning desire for sex is something that I don't have a problem with. Although I know this is not true of everyone and as such if I did have this desire I would not think twice to buy sex.

• If it were legal

Yes, but only if it were legal and i were single or if me and my wife girlfriend wanted a threesum and had no other willing participants (which could very well happen in my current relationship sinve my girlfriend also dates other women) or if i wanted to enjoy another penis and found a transgender prostitute that fits my criteria (clean of diseases, willing to use protection and attractive and pleasant enough for me to take an interest)

• Is it Worth it?

(1) Paying for sex implies that you are that desperate, i.e. that you either cannot get some on your own or that you're so addicted you need to cheat on your partner to meet your needs. The former is just sad, and can be rectified by getting yourself out into the dating world (be it online or in person.) And even then, you could probably find someone willing to have free sex with you sans any commitment. The latter is just morally repugnant for obvious reasons. If you're addicted, seek help. If you're unsatisfied with your current partner, break up and find a new one; don't cheat. Even still, initiate an open relationship where you could be with multiple people at once.
    (2) It's illegal. Seriously? If you really need sex that badly, just go watch some porn or go clubbing and find someone willing to have no-strings-attached coitus. But, why take the risk of jail time, when porn is so readily available, and with such lower risk?
    (Conclusion) It's just not worth it. There are solutions to dating problems, solutions to addiction problems, solutions to adulterous desires, and solutions to the base desire to simply have sex. The risks involved with paying for sex simply don't balance out in light of these points. So no, I would not ever pay for sex.

Posted by: bsh1
  • I don't think it would be as fun, but I don't judge either way

I don't want to buy sex, it seems like taking the easy road.

So much of the fun of sex is the pursuit, the banter between potential lovers, then that electricity of the first kiss, touch, caress. It's not just about getting off, it's about connecting with someone.

Buying sex just seems to impersonal. All of that chemical magic is thrown out of the window. I don't see how it wouldn't feel like some sort of half-hearted performance for all parties.

But I live in a more interesting sexual reality, and prefer very personal sexual exhibitions with multiple partners and that sort of stuff, which just isn't a lifestyle in which one would need to pay for sex as it is readily available for free.

• Never had to & I never will!

When you pay for sex, it just takes all of the BEST out of it. There's no chase, because it's now business. There's no flirting, because it's a paid-for service. There's no suspense, because once paid, it will happen. There's no emotion involved, because the hooker doesn't know you or care to know you. It's just motions & money. That alone takes so much away from the act. Empty. Sad. Sex is meant to be an enhancement of a relationship -- not an appliance making your life easier. And there is really no chance of paid-sex becoming anything more aka a relationship. "Pretty Woman" was a cute movie, but in the real world you don't bring a hooker home to meet your family!

• Not that there is anything wrong with it.

Personally? I'm not a fan of directly paying for sex...Granted, free sex is a myth considering the fact that the process of getting laid most oft requires the spending of money one way or another. That said, I view it as defeatist and as having removed the fun and satisfaction of actually having somebody want you. I've nothing against prostitution, and I believe it should be legalized, but I, personally, wouldn't go for it.

LittleBallofHATE says2014-07-03T08:38:32.727
Why would I pay for something that I can get for free?
iamanatheistandthisiswhy says2014-07-03T10:15:18.957
@LittleBallofHATE: We all pay, just not in a monetary way.
LittleBallofHATE says2014-07-03T10:25:45.357
LOL! You ever hear of something called a one night stand?
iamanatheistandthisiswhy says2014-07-03T10:34:25.847
@LittleBallofHATE: So you don't buy drinks, get a motel, pay cab far, etc etc etc ;)