• Choices you have:

YES = Abolish all poverty.
    NO = Have the amount of money required to abolish poverty. NOTE - If you choose 'no' then you arent allowed to spend it on anyone but yourself, family, friends and pets. Sorry aboutthe unclear choices. I did not tealize yes and no were the only answers. I guess Im too used to the polls.

• Poverty cannot be abolished

As much as abolishing poverty sounds idyllic, it is fundamentally impossible as an objective. Even with an infinite amount of money, you can throw it at areas like the Middle East and there will /still/ be people subjected to slavery and awful conditions. Why? Because of the sheer lack of human rights and various things we consider decent in some areas, and so the rich will only get richer and the slaves will stay slaves.
    Human rights violation will continue, so the lives of people in undeveloped regions will continue to be terrible even if there is no "poverty" in the world. Abolishing poverty does not abolish regimes like IS and corrupt governments imposing laws that strip people of human rights, so I don't believe it is a useful thing to do.
    Secondly, I will add, I do admit that I would rather have a large amount of money to spend on myself and my loved ones and close friends. As with everyone excluding a very small minority, every action we take is in self interest at the end of the day and so I'd rather be happy and have my friends happy than have people across the world happy to a lesser extent and most likely temporarily or not at all due to the region they're in.

• Abolishing poverty does not lead to happiness

As much as abolishing poverty sounds idyllic, human rights violation will continue. Poverty is not the only bad thing in the world, in fact on a relative scale it is massively insignificant in the present day, so the lives of people in undeveloped regions will continue to be terrible even if there is no "poverty" in the world. Abolishing poverty does not abolish regimes like IS and corrupt governments imposing laws that strip people of human rights, so I don't believe it is a useful thing to do. You can give people as much food, money, resources etc, as you want, and they will still live their lives in misery because their government can still lock them in a dark cell and torture them all day.