Would you rather live in a Free society or an Equal society? ("Yes" = Freedom, "No" = Equality)

Asked by: Maximus1898
  • I believe that if all were to free, then all could have the space to live up to their highest potential.

I want to live in a free society because, as stated in the headline, I believe that if all were to free, then all could have the space to live up to their highest potential. In a free society, I would be able to do anything (which would not obviously illegal, such as murder, theft, etc.) that I desire. I could train hard and invest honest devotion into becoming the best <insert passion here> that I could be and then exceed that level by training further. I would not need to restrict myself or endure any kind of burden/handicap for anyone else below my skill level. (ESPECIALLY if they don't try as hard or care as much about <insert passion here> as I do; for in that case, their current lack of skill lies in due part with their lack of participation/effort.) I would not be mandated by some big government to pay taxes that provided lazy poor people with short-term resources, as though to some extortionate royalty (I believe we should be giving the poor people JOBS instead, but that's for another topic). If I lived in a free society, then my life and my decisions would be my own to make.

I do not want to live in an "equal" society because I do not want to be "equalized" to the level of someone below me whenever I happen to do a better job at something in comparison with someone else by means of targeted taxation, school test-score reductions, salary decreases, etc; all for the purpose of "creating equality among st peoples". If we all were to be made "equal", then we would all be slaves to our lowest standards; since nobody could ever have the opportunity to grow their ability levels beyond their initial state of inception. In order to establish a truly "equal" society, one must completely eliminate the free will of mankind, as it is only natural that our actions separate us as people. I could never imagine living out the rest of my days in a Harrison Bergeron-esque "equal" society. - than this, I would rather kill myself

• Thank you very much

I have a dogs cockI have a dogs cockI have a dogs cockI have a dogs cockI have a dogs cockI have a dogs cockI have a dogs cockI have a dogs cocI have a dogs cockI have a dogs cockI have a dogs cockI have a dogs cock have a dogs cock

• Full equality is evil

The desire to be better than your peers one the most fundamental human drives. Once you eliminate it, the progress will slow down as there will be now need to outperform other people. It doesn't really matter whether the freedom is good bad (I believe that is actually good). What matters is that full equality can ruin our civilization.

• Freedom leads to equality

Freedom is the state that you can live up to your potential, work where you want, exercise free will and have equal opportunity. Equality is the concept of equal outcome. Most people want to have equal outcome, and complain when they don't have the same pay as the guy who works overtime and comes in on the weekend. People by nature want more, its just are you willing to put in the work, most aren't willing. But some are and those are the people who rise to the top. Freedom on the other hand is equal opportunity were you decide on your own success. This system weeds out the hard working and lazy. Now if we are all free then we are all equal in our rights but not in out motivation to work hard and survive.

• Equality Equality Equality

Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality Equality

• Freedom, freedom, freedom!

Freedom, freedom, freedom! Freedom, freedom, freedom! Freedom, freedom, freedom! Freedom, freedom, freedom! Freedom, freedom, freedom! Freedom, freedom, freedom! Freedom, freedom, freedom! Freedom, freedom, freedom! Freedom, freedom, freedom! Freedom, freedom, freedom! Freedom, freedom, freedom ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

• We want a free society. We can control ourselves, without causing. Freedom rules, equality drools. FREEDOM, FREEDOM, FREEDOM!

We want a free society. We can control ourselves, without causing. Freedom rules, equality drools. FREEDOM, FREEDOM, FREEDOM, FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! We want a free society. We can control ourselves, without causing. Freedom rules, equality drools. FREEDOM, FREEDOM, FREEDOM, FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

• We have neither, but we aim for free.

People have the freedom to exploit each other for maximum profits in a capitalist society and some people are more likely to be exploited which creates inequality. Some people basically throw away empathy/morality or don't have it at all and follow a survival of the fittest mentality to justify exploiting others viciously in an unequal manner. Most governments set up to stop all exploitation fail, because exchanges are based on exploitation of some degree for profits and they drive motivation for businesses that we all rely on to survive. The biggest question becomes where do we draw the line of exploitation? The argument that people work harder and deserve more than others doesn't fly when what many people are really doing is finding new ways to exploit others to a greater degree than other people. This is why regulations become necessary to stop people from abusing their powers.

• Freedom of course.

No such thing as an equal society. Unless you mean we are all treated like crap equally. Only way I see an equal society is if we are all dead, but then we don't really have a society. I guess I can see it happening if we stupify ourselves to the point where we don't know any different, which is quite possible, but not very comforting.

• Human Beings are not Equal and never will be

An Equal society would be artificial, unnatural, oppressive, and tyrannical. In order to achieve true equality, it would be necessary to lower, impair, restrict, curtail and tear down those with elevated morals, intelligence, talent and creativity to a mean level with those who are lower on this this scale An "Equal" society would be one that strives for extreme mediocrity and sameness. Such a society would destroy human potential and falsely elevate those with no talent or ambition to the same level of those who strive for something in their lives. This is clearly a psychological and cognitive bias that I would not want to see imposed on a national level. In many regards, the western social welfare state already does exactly that; and it is getting worse. I can only imagine a world where playing a musical instrument at a high level would be made unlawful because musical performance could potentially make those who couldn't play an instrument feel bad about themselves and unequal (a fine musical performance could thus violate the terms on a "Equal" society).

• No, no, no

If we are all equal then we all respect eachother. In my opinion, equality could allow for freeness within. If we all accept eachother because we are all the same, our world would be peaceful. There would be less bullying because if one was to judge another, they would be judging themselves

• Equality is way better than freedom.

Equality is way better than freedom. Freedom will make us do kayo tic things. We are human beings, so we make mistakes. WE wont be able to control ourselves if we have freedom. Vote equality not freedom. Equality, equality, equality, equality, equality, equality, equality. Freedom creates lots of kayos. EQUALITY!!!

• Equal society creates government. A free society is just kayos. I rather be treated fair than treated differently from others. That is just not fair.

Equal society creates government. A free society is just kayos. I rather be treated fair than treated differently from others. That is just not fair. Equal society creates government. A free society is just kayos. I rather be treated fair than treated differently from others. That is just not fair.

• Equality is way better than free. We need government.

Equality is way better than free. We need government. Equality is way better than free. We need government. Equality is way better than free. We need government. Equality is way better than free. We need government. Equality is way better than free. We need government. Equality is way better than free. We need government. Equality is way better than free. We need government.

• We need an equal society because a free society just creates lots of kayos.

We need an equal society because a free society just creates lots of kayos. We need an equal society because a free society just creates lots of kayos. We need an equal society because a free society just creates lots of kayos. We need an equal society because a free society just creates lots of kayos. We need an equal society because a free society just creates lots of kayos.

• We can't have a free society, that is just kayos.

We can't have a free society, that is just kayos. We can't have a free society, that is just kayos. We can't have a free society, that is just kayos. We can't have a free society, that is just kayos. We can't have a free society, that is just kayos. We can't have a free society, that is just kayos.

• We need a equal society

We need a equal society. We need a equal society. We need a equal society. We need a equal society. We need a equal society. We need a equal society. We need a equal society. We need a equal society. We need a equal society. We need a equal society.

• Free society and equal society

Free society and equal society free society and equal societyfree society and equal society free society and equal society free society and equal society free society and equal society free so free society and equal societyciety and equal society free society and equa free society and equal societyl society free society and equal society