• Because IT Is

B fg gdf sd fd sd df f f f f ff s d s s s s s s a a a ad f f f f ff f f f f f f sdas dfd f d dd d d d d d d dd s sf g

• Its a thumb NOT a finger!

I googled it and here is what it said..
    The thumb has a different name compared to the other fingers (index, middle, ring, little) and it does not end with "finger". Also, when referring to the hand, I have seen literature where it is described as "5 digits on each hand" and that is probably more accurate.

• Thumb a finger

Its opposabe a a a a a aaa sjdkj flkj;aklsdjfj jf a;ldkfj ;aslj fkdlj flksjfkfj f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f d d d d s s s s a dhfja; hfj ;ahfl shf lshdjf lajh lasjhdf lasjhdf lkjdhf ladjhf lah lkajhf

• You have finger nails. It is on your hand. It is a finger just like your pointer and middle finger.

I think the thumb would be considered a finger because it is a part of your hand and it does has finger nails. It looks just like your other fingers but it is a little smaller. You can do things with your thumb just like your other fingers on your hand.

• The thumb IS a finger

Here's why because i said {x9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999} also you guys are all super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super super ULTIMATELY ugly

• 3 joints, opposable, has a nail, is on the hand.

Just like the fingers, it has three joints. One at the end, one where it meets the hand, and one closer to the wrist. It is also opposable, like every other finger. Also like all other fingers, it has a nail at the end of it, which grows similarly to the other fingers. And, it is placed on the hand, and is used for the same thing every other finger is used for. It is exactly like other fingers, therefore it must be one.

• Lets try to compare...

People might say the thumb is not a finger because it doesn't have 'finger' at the end of it, like the index finger or whatever. But how do you explain other languages word for thumb? I can tell you this much, if you go to a country like Denmark we call the thumb for tommelfinger. What I'm trying to say is: Sure, english might not say finger at the end of thumb, but english surely isn't the only language in this world. So just because 1 language doesn't mention finger at the end of it, doesn't it mean it's not a finger...

• Despite the different joints the thumb is still a digit, and still from the root word fingi.

Hands down the thumb is a finger. Many say that the thumb is different but the thumb is just a unique part of your hand, our bodies were made in a certain way. The differences are disconnected when you realize that they both have FINGER nails. You have five fingers on each hand, not FOUR!!!!!!!!!

• I think it is

We use the thumb to do the same thing we use every other finger. I read somebody's thing saying that a thumb is necessary or something. Nope I can pick up food play video games pick up a cup. I can do all of this not using a thumb if I can do this I can do a lot of other things.

• No no no

We are boss and we are better honk honk go go go green team trollolololololololollololololol we are boss and green is way better and we are awesome and this is a troll honk honk chonk i broke my head and have anesia troll wait what am i saying? +weird so weird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• You all sound like 2nd graders.

GET AN EDUCATION. My god, you people. Does 'thumb finger' sound like something a sane person would say? The thumb also points at a different angle compared to the fingers and is found on the side of the hand, not the top. I do agree that the thumb is needed to complete daily functions but that is not the definition of a finger. Stop using reasoning based on fingernails and grow up. (By the way, it is technically called the thumbnail, we do not have fingernails on our thumbs.) Thanks for listening to my rant :)

• Sorry but it is different.

As Philocat said, it has a different bone structure than your fingers do. Because it is, scientifically, different, it needs to be categorized differently. While all fingers, thumbs, and toes are digits (a classification), they are further broken down into more precise classifications that separate the finger and the thumb. As such, the thumb is not a finger, by medical definition.

• A thumb isn't a finger

A thumb cant not be removed because without it we will not be able to do anything. But fingers can be removed. If the world doesn't have thumbs them we will have to invent a new way of living and a thumb is more important than a finger. We use thumbs for eveyrhting

• No no no

Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not

Posted by: tie
  • No It Doesn't

The bone structure is different, just because it is connected to your hand does not mean it is a finger idiots go talk to a psychiatrist. My god go back to college or go to med. School, because you guys and girls are totally wrong idiots idiots idiots (: (:

• No It Doesn't

• Of higher importance

A thumb is not finger because it has less joints. It is also way more important then a pinkie or an index finger because it is used to grasp on to things, pick them up, or hold. We could do those things without our other fingers. Therefore, the thumb should be viewed of higher importance then the fingers.

• A thumb needs more joints

A thumb has only two joints and two phalanges whilst a finger has three joints and three phalanges. A thumb does not have the required joints and phalanges to be considered a finger and is therefore different from a finger. Also, due to it's positioning on the hand, it cannot be considered the same as a finger

• No no no

Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not Cause its not

Bugler says2014-11-21T02:16:50.987
Hi
66Piez says2014-11-21T02:18:05.930
Hello