Would You Trade Your Paper Books for Digital Versions?

• Heck yea I would as a student

I would trade my paper books for digital any day. Those of you that are not students do not understand how heavy and how many books we have to carry around. Most students end up with back problems because there book bags are so heavy. It would be a great invention to have it on a tablet and take it anywhere.

• Heck yea I would as a student

• Technology works better

If you wanted all your books in one place you can because you can download them all on your device. K kv sdsidjdaso dindw dina weriwn r s s s s d d dw da a ds d sx sc reg e erb ergb eg b f ef vw ef

• They are the future

J j j j jj j j jj j j jj j j jj j j jj j jj j j jj j j j j jj j jj j j jvb kxcvy u b n m mm mm m m mm mm m mm mm mm m m m

• Save trees save pollution save life

The explosion of outlets and formats — including digital books, which are rapidly becoming more sophisticated — has left some students bewildered. After completing the heavy lifting of course selection, they are forced to weigh cost versus convenience, analyze their own study habits and guess which texts they will want for years to come and which they will not miss.

“It depends on the course,” said Victoria Adesoba, a pre-med student at New York University who was standing outside that school’s bookstore, a powder-blue book bag slung over her shoulder. “Last semester, I rented for psychology, and it was cheaper. But for something like organic chemistry, I need to keep the book. E-textbooks are good, but it’s tempting to go on Facebook, and it can strain your eyes.”

For all the talk that her generation is the most technologically adept in history, paper-and-ink textbooks do not seem destined for oblivion anytime soon.

According to the National Association of College Stores, digital books make up just under 3 percent of textbook sales, although the association expects that share to grow to 10 percent to 15 percent by 2012 as more titles are made available as e-books.

• HI Hi Hi

Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hihi hi hi hi hi hi hi hihi hi hi hi hi hi hi hihi hi hi hi hi hi hi hihi hi hi hi hi hi hi hihi hi hi hi hi hi hi hihi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi

• As a Student I would trade in my paper books for digital versions of textbooks

I believe it is much more convenient to have digital versions of my textbooks. Carrying a lighter backpack is also a plus, and also more shelf space. This seems convenient so that I may reference another textbook if needed or just review my textbooks at any time without carrying all of my textbooks with me.

• I would trade paper books for digital versions for convenience.

Digital books provide many improvements over their paper counterparts. The first and most obvious is simply weight. A digital book weighs only as much as the device used to read it. Popular e-readers such as the Kindle or Nook can hold thousands of books and weigh less than a pound. Other improvements include reading across multiple devices, searching the text, and copying & saving portions of text easily.

• You can see how much you've accomplished throughout reading the book.

The more pages that are added to the left side, the closer you feel to success. You can see how much you've read and feel good about yourself because you've read that much (especially if it's a long book). If you have a paper book its easier to keep your place because if you have a digital book you could lose your place when you restart your device, which could make you have to go through the whole book again until you find your place (because most devices don't show what actual page you are on digitally).

• No they should not

Not everyone likes to read electronically for many different reasons, some might be medical, others not... But if you really think about it, there is no way to fully get rid of paper books...And also not everyone has access to the internet or have technology. For some people it is more convient to go to the library and borrow a used book then go out and buy a $300 nook. It just makes more sense economically

• I like paper

Mjjkj j j jj j j j i jn b jbh gf t ft t u i i jh b v h j b j b j g c f dt g h h u h h i h gf f f gy y u yu u y u u u u uu u u u u u u u

• I like paper

• I like paper

• The feeling of progression!

Why would I need a Kindle to tell me what percentage of the way through I am in a downloaded book rather than have the satisfaction of turning the book over to its side and looking to see that my bookmark is half way or almost at the end. And even then it is easier for me to just carry a book around; the weight satisfies me that I am purposefully reading a big heavy book.

• The feeling of progression!

• No, because I like to have the physical feel of having a book in my hand.

First having a digital book they are distracting, inconvenience, unhealthy, and over all you have to worry about the battery and technology difficulties. But with a paper book you can just snuggle up on the couch, and read all you want with it being healthy, and easy. SO that is why you could read a paper book instead of a digital copy.

• Paper books don't run on batteries

When you read a paper you don't have to worry about the battery dying
    or being distracted by playing games on any device. When reading digital books you have to sit next to an outlet or a portable charger. People whom usually read paper books are usually smarter than most

• There is satisfaction in paper books

After a long day I like to grab which ever novel I am reading at the time, and sit on the couch with a cup of coffee. There is a relaxing and satisfactory feeling about it. Along with the satisfaction I feel after closing a long and intriguing novel when you've finished it.