Would you vote for an atheist in a presidential election?

Asked by: DaMyahBuckner
  • Atheist use Common Sense.

As an Atheist i know that Atheists, compared to the religious, posses more reasoning, common sense and rationality and would all around make a better leader and would have better judgment. So in general i think that leaders should never be religious when discussing politics, policies, or anything that affects the rest of the country.

• Atheist use Common Sense.

• Atheist use Common Sense.

• Atheist Posses Common sense.

• Ability to do the job is what's important

What is important is ability to do the job, not a person's religious beliefs. Ability to do the job, and respect for people who are different. So I would vote for an atheist as long as he respects people who aren't atheists just as much as he respects other atheists.

• Religious beliefs are irrelevant.

As long as my president's beliefs don't directly influence his policy making, I don't care if he is an atheist, a Christian, a Muslim, etc. As a leader you have to be willing to put your beliefs aside because you don't only represent people who share your beliefs, you also represent people who don't share your beliefs.

• We're voting for a President not the leader of the Catholic Church

Last time I checked, the US was founded on religious tolerance and when we mix religion and Politics we get totalitarian governments and monarchy's which is why the US was made to get away from Britain. Who cares if the candidate is Atheist as long as he's going to change America and pull us out of debt and fix our national problems. If we didn't vote for someone just because they were Atheist, for example Christians should only vote for Christians and Catholics should only vote for Catholics. If you don't vote for someone because they're atheist then you're pretty narrow minded.

• Policy positions and character are more important

I don't care your religion as long as your policy and character is sound. I prefer secular governments but if you know what you are doing and you will run the country as I believe it should be i'll vote for you. Religion and state should remain separated so I will both require you not to act on your religious beliefs while in office and i'll not vote based on them

• Why does it matter?

Religion shouldn't be a factor in the election. I don't like people who do things because "god told them to" but if they do good things, why would it matter? Religious or not, equality int he white house should be a thing, we even just elected our first orange president, so atheists should have a place in the oval office.

• It shouldnt matter

The religion of the president should be irrelevant. To say that a person is unfit to be president just because of their religion is mad, you may disagree with their policies but that is different. The idea that only christians are allowed to be president is absolute nonsense, and our president elect currently is areligious.

dmarion19311 says2016-11-12T19:47:27.177
Work for 2-3 hours in your spare time and get paid $1000 on your bank account every week… Get more information on following sitev

>>>>>>>>>>>>>http://bit.Do/Checkit