Year-round school: Are there economic benefits to year round schooling?

• D d d

Qqqq q q qq q q q q q q q q q q q qq q q q q q q q qq qq qqq q q q q q q q q q qq qq q q q q q q q q q q q qq q q q

• Yes, there are benefits to year round school.

I definitely think that there are some benefits to year round schooling. I think that such tactics allows some schools to not have to shut down and spend money on having to prepare people on a new round of classes for another year. I think people might actually like the idea.

• There are economic benefits of year school.

There are economic benefits to year round school. Particularly, working parents who are forced to pay childcare during the summer months when there is no school, would benefit financially from year round school. Teachers who operate on a nine month pay scale would also benefit financially from year round school as they would receive a couple of months of additional salary

• Yes, it is easier for parents.

Yes, there are economic benefits to year-round schooling, because it helps parents who scramble during the summer to find suitable day care for their children. If parents do not have to spend on expensive summer day care, they can spend their money on other things, and that will help stimulate the economy.

• Yes There Are

I believe there are economic benefits to year round school schedules. I believe it helps parents because they won't be needing the service of baby sitters or day cares as much. I believe it makes a families schedule more consistent throughout the year as well. Overall, it saves families money.

• Learning should be year round

Yes, there are economic benefits to year round schooling. One benefit is that we raise smarter children to be smarter adults. When there are too many or long breaks in education some of the information is data dumped. It is not retained and become irrelevant to the student. This is why we are so low on the totem pole of education compared to other countries. In Korea the children even go to school on Saturday.

• It keeps people employed.

Many people do not realize this but school teachers and support staff aren't paid during summer vacation. By keeping school on year round, you help improve the economy by keeping thousands of teachers, janitors, security guards, office secretaries, lunch ladies and others gainfully employed. While it may be less fun for students, a dependable paycheck is a lot more fun for the adults.

• Yes, there are economic benefits to year-round schooling.

The most obvious benefit of year-round schooling is in the case of multi-track systems in which approximately one-quarter of a district's students are on break at one time. The reason that this presents savings is that districts are able to accommodate more students in fewer schools. Older buildings can be done away with and maintenance efforts focused on newer buildings.

• Students should be able to have to 2-3months of vacation time

They should be able to spend more time with their family instead of being at school every week. I think that after stressful exams,tests,and quizzes students should get the time to relax and go back to school refreshed. Otherwise it may cause the students to be stressed year round and that can cause performance to drop. Not to mention about the problems that extreme stress does to their bodies.

• Too Many expenses

I think year-round schooling might cost more, since parents are now having to pay for all year-round schooling. Not to mention, year-round schooling is not the way to go about it. Don't forget about the everyday lunch expenses that your child has to pay unless they bring a cold lunch.

• Students need a break

I think year-round schooling could actually become more costly, as the parents are now having to pay for all year-round schooling as opposed to the original 9-month time frame. Not to mention, year-round schooling is not the way to go about it. Students need and deserve a break after so many months.