Year-round school: Is year-round schooling agreeable for teachers?

• Yes I want year round schools

Q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q q we q q q we q q q we q q we. Q q q q q q we q we q q q

• Yes I want year round schools

• It is healthy

The children wont get stressed as easily and will be able to relax more and can spend less time reviewing from the previous year education and will be able to teach the children more lessons it science proved that over the summer children gain more weight that during the school year.

• No no no

No no no no no n on on onon onon no no no non cion asuiwegq hiwqgdhlasjkl dt okl k o jd whqhd q no n on o no no n on on on ono non non onono no non n onon onooo nn on on ono non nooo nooooooooo

• I think so

I think that year round school is a good idea, as long as there are adequate breaks for the students, and more importantly the teachers. The teachers need time to prep for the classrooms and they need time off to relax. The students need time to relax too, but they also need to be learning year round.

• Okay for teachers not for students

If we are just looking at the perspective of teachers then yes year round school is okay. Teachers have a job to do and if that job requires them to work year round there should not be any issues with that. Most jobs are year round jobs, teachers currrenlty have it easy.

• Yes, they are paid for it.

Yes, year-round schooling is agreeable to teachers, because they are paid for full-time work for a 9-month job. If teaching were a year-round job, there would not be so many teachers working part time jobs in the summers. The rest of us were suckers for choosing 12-month jobs. The teachers should work year round like the rest of us.

• Yes, teachers get more breaks throughout the year and students retain more teaching.

Year round schooling is great for teachers to have more breaks throughout the school year instead of one long break. Students retain the teaching from year to year more easily with smaller breaks throughout the year rather than one long break in the summer. This is a very positive for both teachers and students.

• Teachers do not want year round school

I NEED my summers to relax and prepare for what is ahead. This is also the time I work toward my teacher recertification points. As far as the kids, summers are some of my fondest childhood memories spent at the lake with my family or day trips to visit relatives. With school budgets in the state they are in now, why would you want to go to a more expensive calendar year?

• Year round school is not nesasery

Because no kid in America wants a short summer. It would be very mean to them. I think summer needs to be longer and more time to play out in the sun with the kids. School often depresses the kids so why not let them have a longer summer. America is a free country so why not have school how it used to be?

• Year round school is not nesasery

• No way no

Teachers need to have a break when they come back from school. They need time to go on vacation and not be harrassed by kids at school all the time. Also they need time to do stuff that kids would normally do in summer. They need to do jobs so they can get enough money to live. That is why i think we should not have school in summer.

• Year round schooling? NO

I want my summer spread out over time said no kid ever. People need to understand that having year round schooling is stressful especially teachers. Teachers need the summer to grade papers and find more successful ways to teach. They also need a break. Just like kids do. Kids and teachers get stressed with each other as well, with year round schooling teachers see the kids just about every other week including through the summer. This is all up until the student goes to the next grade. Year round schooling isn't necessary.

• No, teachers won't like it.

To be honest, many teachers take the job because they are looking for those summer months off. Then they forget to figure those months off when they calculate what they are being paid. No one else gets this kind of schedule with all the benefits, so they can adjust as the new ones enter the field.

• Year round schooling could be problematic

I do not feel that teachers would benefit from year-round schooling. As a former substitute teacher myself, I know first hand the types of stresses and working conditions that are unique to the teaching profession. These factors combined make for the need to have summers off as a vacation. For this reason, I support maintaining the type of schooling year that exists right now.

• Year-Round Schooling Not Agreeable

Year-round school is not agreeable for anyone, including teachers or students. The situation proves challenging for everyone involved. For obvious reasons, not everyone can handle being stuck in school year-round instead of having a summer break. Therefore, traditional schools are the better option for students and teachers alike these days.

• Year-round schooling is not agreeable for teachers.

The reason that school is not in session all year round is because important lessons are learned outside the classroom. Students need time to be independent. They can learn how to interact with others during summer activities. Teachers also need a rest from the stresses of teaching during their summer vacation.