Your opinion on abortion? (Yes for positive, no for negative)

Asked by: Mistystar90
  • Don't like it?

Of you don't agree with it, then don't get one. Simple as that. Stop trying to control other people. And honestly, it's a form of population control, so I honestly don't think it will be illegal in the US again. It's also unfair to ask someone extremely young or someone who has a huge possibility of dying or the child having a horrible disease, or if the person was raped to have a child. And protection doesn't always work. Sometimes couples aren't in the position or financially stable to take care of a child, and it's harder than people think to give up a baby you just put in extremely hard labor(hence the name) for out of love, only to give it away.

• Don't like it?

• Nobody likes or enjoys abortion, but it's not anybody's place to make it to where others cannot get one.

Abortion is going to happen regardless of whether or not it is legal or illegal. If it is illegal, there will be a black-market and underground industry involving the practice. Sounds terrible? It is. However, if it is made legal, doctors with medical equipment can carry out abortions safely and with no harm to the woman with a fetus in utero. It's the lesser of two evils. Either have it be underground and full of rusty coathangers, or be legal and regulated to ensure the safety and well-being of individuals.

• The fetus is not a person.

This whole debate revolves around one question, is the fetus a person? If it is abortion should be illegal and if it isn't abortion should be legal. Ultimately we have made it very clear that rats, deer, pretty much all life forms with the exception of mature humans are not people. So the question is when does the fetus gain the traits to separate it from other animals. According to the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, the fetus doesn't even possess the basic traits for even awareness until around 24 weeks. This means that there is a very small chance that the fetus could be considered a person before that time.

• The fetus is not a person.

Source: https://www.rcog.org.uk/globalassets/documents/guidelines/rcogfetalawarenesswpr0610.pdf

• There are other options...

Such as putting the child up for adoption. There are also well documented psychological issues associated with mothers who abort babies. They often have deep regret and guilt.

There are thousands of women who are unable to have children who would love the opportunity to raise a child. The only time I would be for abortion is if there is a very great chance that the mother and/or baby could die in childbirth or if the baby could be born with an extremely life threatening disease or deformity.

I find it ironic that those that support abortion are naturalists, when there is nothing natural at all about abortion.

• I'm kind of neutral on this...

I just put my post under "no" since abortion goes against my personal beliefs. However, if the mother is young or ill or similar, I believe it is the right thing to do. I'm interested to see what others think about this issue. Would it be making ones' life a lot less complicated? Or do you consider it murder? Do the pros outweigh the cons, or vise versa? Are they even? I don't know.

• What she says....

Not owning a womb it is not really my say. It's the choice I would say however of the female since you know it's growing inside of her. I mean it's life but then it's not exactly like it's going to miss much if it's aborted. Since you know it pretty much knows nothing but the basics and all that. Not like you're killing a kid with dreams and hopes and all that stuff that will be crushed when he's a teen.