Youth curfew: Are legal curfews for youth a good idea?

• Need them now

Teens need them very badly. Some get into bad trouble. Like at parties, just because they are out after curfew doesn't mean they can do bad things. What will happen to America's children without a legal curfew? Will kids or young adults die? We need a legal curfew, and fast.

• Need them now

• Legal curfews for youth is a good idea.

Legal curfews for youth is a good idea. I think this should be left up to the parents but if they are not able to control their children then the law should step in. A child younger than sixteen should not be out overnight to begin with. Again, I think this falls on the parents but a legal curfew would help.

• Legal curfews are a good idea for youth.

Legal curfews are a good idea for youth because it establishes a time at which they and their parents are responsible for their whereabouts. It is also a good idea in relation to youth safety. By establishing a time at which both parents and youth understand that youth should be home, it provides a key point at which parents and others should begin asking questions if a young person is not home. This could essentially save an endangered youth's life.

• Curfews exist for good reason

Legal curfews make sense and should be used and enforced. Research shows that adolescent brains are still developing and that the areas of the brain which control logic and judgment are not fully formed until closer to adulthood. Adolescents need limits and guidelines for their own protection, and curfews can help keep them safer.

• Yes, I think legal curfews for youth is a good idea.

I think that minors should have a legal curfew because it keeps them safer. If minors are running around all night long they are subject to being harmed more easily. They are also in more danger of being exposed to things such as drugs and alcohol, since it is mostly adults that are out late at night.

• Harms in any places

Home or outside, the youth still can get many harm. The youth will feel very tired and stressed because they can not go social and what not. Many things will happen when the youth stressed that can harm them. It s not wrong for them to go social or having fun.

• I don't think that there should be curfews.

It prevents parents from raising their children the way they want. Many teens have very very very legitimate reasons to be out at night: part time jobs, and camps and clubs. Some children even feel safer outside than in their own homes. Do you want to force children to go home to an unsafe and sometimes abusive home???

• Curfews Are A Family Matter

I do not believe legal youth curfews are a good idea. I do not believe there is a good reason for government to step in and do a parents job. I believe curfews for youth should be handled and regulated by their own parents, not a facet of the government or law enforcement.

• No they are not.

I do not think that legal curfews for youth are a good idea. I think that this is the responsibility of the parents. If they do not want their child out after a certain time, then they are responsible for keeping them in. If the youth is out and gets in trouble, then they should be in the same trouble as they would be in during the day.

• Let Parents Decide

Legal curfews for youth is just another example of the government trying to impose nanny-state values on society. When a child should be home is up to the child's parents. It most certainly is not for the police to decide when a person should or should not be at home.