Johnston is a town in Providence County, Rhode Island, United States. The population was 28,769 at the 2010 census. Johnston is the site of the Clemence Irons House a stone-ender museum and the only landfill in Rhode Island. Incorporated on March 6, 1759, Johnston was named for the colonial attorney general, August Johnston. According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 24.4 square miles . 23.7 square miles of it is land and 0.7 square miles is water. At the 2000 census, there were 28,195 people, 11,197 households and 7,725 families residing in the town. The...
|Country:||United States of America|
|Area:||24.4 sq. mi.|
|Time zone:||Eastern Time Zone|
|Also known as:||Johnston, Rhode Island, Johnston (Rhode Island)|