The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine was founded in 1900 as a medical department of the University of Oklahoma at its main campus in Norman. Lawrence N. Upjohn, M.D. is regarded as the "founding dean" and served from 1900-1904. In 1910, the school merged with the Epworth College of Medicine in Oklahoma City, and by 1928 all basic science and clinical facilities had been consolidated as the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center in Oklahoma City, where there was a growing urban population and larger hospital facilities could be supported. By the 1960s, the College and its...
|Location:|| Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
|School type:||Public university|