AlbinoBunny
AlbinoBunny's Forum Posts

God Does exist!Posted 5 years Ago

At 5/27/2013 1:24:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

There is currently no knowledge of a single planet that has all of the conditions suitable for sentient life.

Our own.


Simply having water is not enough, it has to be in the right temperature range, the right Ph range, contain the right gases. And that's just the water!

We are still only starting to discover the absolute complexity of the mechanisms that make this planet habitable, some of which are only starting to be revealed by the effects of waters changing state due to global warming on our climate.

Again that is only the water.

The effect of changes in the atmosphere are also only starting to be recognised. For instance NASA has realised that there was a protective layer around the earth, apparently in the Thermosphere, which shielded the earth from radiation, and is the explanation for fossils of tropical and semi tropical vegetation being discovered in areas that are now too cold to sustain them. NASA also believes that this protective layer is being re-formed.

"The thermosphere is the layer of the Earth's atmosphere directly above the mesosphere and directly below the exosphere. Within this layer, ultraviolet radiation (UV) causes ionization. Called from the Greek _2;^9;`1;_6;a2;`2; (pronounced thermos) meaning heat, the thermosphere begins about 85 kilometres (53 mi) above the Earth.[1]

At these high altitudes, the residual atmospheric gases sort into strata according to molecular mass (see turbosphere). Thermospheric temperatures increase with altitude due to absorption of highly energetic solar radiation. Temperatures are highly dependent on solar activity, and can rise to 2,000 "C (3,630 "F). Radiation causes the atmosphere particles in this layer to become electrically charged (see ionosphere), enabling radio waves to bounce off and be received beyond the horizon. In the exosphere, beginning at 500 to 1,000 kilometres (310 to 620 mi) above the Earth's surface, the atmosphere turns into space.

The highly diluted gas in this layer can reach 2,500 "C (4,530 "F) during the day. Even though the temperature is so high, one would not feel warm in the thermosphere, because it is so near vacuum that there is not enough contact with the few atoms of gas to transfer much heat. A normal thermometer would read significantly below 0 "C (32 "F), because the energy lost by thermal radiation would exceed the energy acquired from the atmospheric gas by direct contact. In the anacoustic zone above 160 kilometres (99 mi), the density is so low that molecular interactions are too infrequent to permit the transmission of sound.

The dynamics of the thermosphere are dominated by atmospheric tides, which are driven by the very significant diurnal heating. Atmospheric waves dissipate above this level because of collisions between the neutral gas and the ionospheric plasma.

The International Space Station has a stable orbit within the middle of the thermosphere, between 320 and 380 kilometres (200 and 240 mi). Auroras also occur in the thermosphere."

http://en.wikipedia.org...
Forums Home > Religion

God Does exist!Posted 5 years Ago

At 5/27/2013 12:54:49 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 5/27/2013 12:44:01 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 5/27/2013 12:39:33 PM, johnlubba wrote:
Dark matter is considered to be invisible but scientist still claim it is there.




Although the existence of dark matter is generally accepted by the mainstream scientific community, there is no generally agreed direct detection of it. Other theories including MOND and TeVeS, are some alternative theories of gravity proposed to try to explain the anomalies for which dark matter is intended to account.



http://www.bbc.co.uk...

Yawn.

So is that the best you can do, turn an ignorant blind eye when it's time to acknowledge things from a scientific viewpoint.....I shall keep in mind not to waste my time with somebody who demands answers, but when confronted with answers that are backed up from a scientific viewpoint resorts to ignorantly brushing it aside.....Suit yourself pal.....You have not done much to convince me of your intellectual honesty and to be frank I would prefer if you kept away fro"the mind does not... reside in any material part of the brain"m my posts from now on as you simply do not want an honest exchange of opinions but to remain convinced that you already know everything......Good day to you.

I'm not claiming that everything is atoms. At all. I didn't even claim that the mind comes wholly from the brain, even though I do believe that. I said your claim that "the mind does not... reside in any material part of the brain", isn't supported by the source. It isn't supported by anything you've provided. So then you go off-topic, talking about the nature of matter. However interesting that is, I don't see how it has contributed to this topic, it should be in the science forum, maybe even in the philosophy one. Unless you can link it back to what we are talking about, of course.
Forums Home > Religion

God Does exist!Posted 5 years Ago

At 5/27/2013 12:48:05 PM, johnlubba wrote:
P1: According to you and supposedly Einstein, matter is "energy, whose vibration has been so lowered as to be perceptible to the senses.

P2: Energy, whose vibration has been so lowered, as to be perceptible to the senses, exists.

C1: Matter exists.


Yes matter exists but very little, and not in the way you have concluded, in-fact 99.9999999999% of atoms are empty, as I have shown,

Which premise is incorrect, one or two? Or both?
Forums Home > Religion

God Does exist!Posted 5 years Ago

At 5/27/2013 12:43:31 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 5/27/2013 12:37:25 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 5/27/2013 12:32:36 PM, johnlubba wrote:
Number 3: You could fit the entire human race in the volume of a sugar cube


This is because matter is incredibly, mind-bogglingly empty. An atom is like a miniature Solar System, with a tight nucleus playing the role of a Sun orbited by electrons like planets. But the nucleus is incredibly tiny compared with the orbits of the electrons. Tom Stoppard, the playwright, had the best image. He said, if the nucleus is like the altar of St Paul's cathedral, an electron is like a moth in the cathedral, one moment by the altar, the next by the dome. Imagine squeezing all the space out of an atom. Well, if you did that to all the atoms in all the people in the world, you could indeed fit the entire human race in the volume of a sugar cube.


http://www.physics.org...

I remember when I was about 10, reading a science book I had. It described the nucleus to the shell of the atom as similar to a tennis ball to the size of the empire state building.

A sugar cube ey. That may say something about the mind to you, but it doesn't mean anything to me.


It just means that the entire mass of the population could fit into a sugar cube, according to the boffins. meaning there is very little mass in atoms.

You should be posting this in the science forum.
Forums Home > Religion

God Does exist!Posted 5 years Ago

At 5/27/2013 12:39:33 PM, johnlubba wrote:
Dark matter is considered to be invisible but scientist still claim it is there.




Although the existence of dark matter is generally accepted by the mainstream scientific community, there is no generally agreed direct detection of it. Other theories including MOND and TeVeS, are some alternative theories of gravity proposed to try to explain the anomalies for which dark matter is intended to account.



http://www.bbc.co.uk...

Yawn.
Forums Home > Religion

God Does exist!Posted 5 years Ago

At 5/27/2013 12:34:14 PM, johnlubba wrote:
Consider this also.


"Concerning matter, we have been all wrong. What we have called matter is energy, whose vibration has been so lowered as to be perceptible to the senses. There is no matter."

--- Albert Einstein

LOL. So that means the brain is not the source of the mind?

-=-

P1: According to you and supposedly Einstein, matter is "energy, whose vibration has been so lowered as to be perceptible to the senses.

P2: Energy, whose vibration has been so lowered, as to be perceptible to the senses, exists.

C1: Matter exists.

-=-

Matter, in the way people conceived may not exist, but that doesn't mean that matter in the way that was outlined above doesn't exist either.
Forums Home > Religion

God Does exist!Posted 5 years Ago

At 5/27/2013 12:33:41 PM, Graincruncher wrote:
At 5/27/2013 12:12:12 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
They did have reason to believe those bits were essential, I think. Have you followed the link?

As would I in my analogy. That doesn't mean an imperfect understanding of a system means we can just do away with the system entirely.

Well if you read my posts you'll know where I stand. I happen to believe the mind relies completely on the brain.
Forums Home > Religion

God Does exist!Posted 5 years Ago

At 5/27/2013 12:32:36 PM, johnlubba wrote:
Number 3: You could fit the entire human race in the volume of a sugar cube


This is because matter is incredibly, mind-bogglingly empty. An atom is like a miniature Solar System, with a tight nucleus playing the role of a Sun orbited by electrons like planets. But the nucleus is incredibly tiny compared with the orbits of the electrons. Tom Stoppard, the playwright, had the best image. He said, if the nucleus is like the altar of St Paul's cathedral, an electron is like a moth in the cathedral, one moment by the altar, the next by the dome. Imagine squeezing all the space out of an atom. Well, if you did that to all the atoms in all the people in the world, you could indeed fit the entire human race in the volume of a sugar cube.


http://www.physics.org...

I remember when I was about 10, reading a science book I had. It described the nucleus to the shell of the atom as similar to a tennis ball to the size of the empire state building.

A sugar cube ey. That may say something about the mind to you, but it doesn't mean anything to me.
Forums Home > Religion

God Does exist!Posted 5 years Ago

At 5/27/2013 12:28:24 PM, johnlubba wrote:
Well if you look at the stuff the brain is made of, atoms for example, they are 99% empty space, then we can conclude from here that what we perceive as being material is actually 99% empty space....So do you still think the mind is material?

LOL.



Consider this, You could fit the entire human race in the volume of a sugar cube.

http://www.google.co.uk...

What method would you use to do that?




The quantum world is the world of the elemental building block of matter -- atoms. Atoms are combinations of neutrons and protons and electrons bound to a nucleus by electrical attraction.

Mhmm.


But most of an atom -- more than 99 percent of it -- is empty space filled with invisible energy.

"invisible energy" is a scientific term?


So from a quantum-world view, we and the things around us are mostly empty space. The way we experience ourselves and other things in the classical world is really just "a figment of our imaginations shaped by our senses," explains ASU Regents' Professor David Ferry.

The macro-world can still be perceived in the same way, we just have to allow for the quantum-world as well. A lot of the ways we perceive things are made up of a little bit of illusion, that doesn't mean our perceptions are completely wrong though.



http://www.sciencedaily.com...

I'll check it out.
Forums Home > Religion

Origins- The SeriesPosted 5 years Ago

At 5/27/2013 12:12:24 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 5/27/2013 11:20:22 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 5/27/2013 11:01:02 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 5/26/2013 12:20:26 PM, Graincruncher wrote:
At 5/26/2013 12:15:17 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 5/26/2013 9:19:08 AM, Graincruncher wrote:
And as we all know, no new drugs are ever invented because, thanks to bacteria never ever evolving, there'd be no use for them.

Strawman

Which you should have no problem demonstrating, then. Please do.

Show me someone who denies adaptation and variation within kinds.

Me! Because I have no idea what a kind is.

Yes you do.

A mammal is a kind, right?
Forums Home > Religion