Beastt
Beastt's Forum Posts

Professor owned by ChristianPosted 4 years Ago

Perhaps the moral of the story is; Even a turd can evolve into a neuron; albeit not a very functional one.
Forums Home > Religion

At 8/22/2014 10:29:23 PM, n7 wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:28:22 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/22/2014 10:03:33 PM, n7 wrote:
A liberal muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer professor and abortion doctor was teaching a class on Karl Marx, known atheist

"Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Marx and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!"

At this moment, a brave, patriotic, pro-life Navy SEAL champion who had served 1500 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decision made by the United States stood up and held up a rock.

"How old is this rock, pinhead?"

The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied "4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian"

"Wrong. It"s been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real" then it should be an animal now"

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Origin of the Species. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal crocodile tears. The same tears liberals cry for the "poor" (who today live in such luxury that most own refrigerators) when they jealously try to claw justly earned wealth from the deserving job creators. There is no doubt that at this point our professor, DeShawn Washington, wished he had pulled himself up by his bootstraps and become more than a sophist liberal professor. He wished so much that he had a gun to shoot himself from embarrassment, but he himself had petitioned against them!

The students applauded and all registered Republican that day and accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. An eagle named "Small Government" flew into the room and perched atop the American Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The pledge of allegiance was read several times, and God himself showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague AIDS and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.

Well, I'll give him a 4/10 on the troll scale...
Not the point

If there's a point here, I'm betting it's on your hat.
Forums Home > Religion

At 8/22/2014 10:11:44 PM, Envisage wrote:

Dafuk did I just read?

*Blink*...

*Blink*
Forums Home > Religion

Atonement - NOT!Posted 4 years Ago

At 8/22/2014 7:48:04 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 7:34:18 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 8/22/2014 7:27:23 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 6:52:16 PM, Beastt wrote:
Atonement is to rectify a situation; to correct it, fix it, or repair it. So how is anything "atoned" for by the death of a Jew 2,000 years ago (if one even believes that story)?

Larry breaks into Howard's house, assaults Howard, rapes his wife, steals his valuables, and later "finds Christ". We are told that through the death of Jesus, Larry's sins have been atoned for.

Is Howard's wife unraped?
Do Howard's injuries miraculously heal over-night?
Are Howard's possessions returned to him?
Does Jesus repair the damage to Howard's home?
If Howard dies from his injuries, is he miraculously resurrected?

None of those things are accomplished by the atonement Christ made.
Then there was no "atonement". Christians don't seem to understand what the word means.

That wasn't the purpose of the atonement.

Just exactly what was fixed, repaired, corrected or replaced by the death of a Jew in ancient Rome?

The atonement reconciled sinners to God.
That didn't "atone" for anything. To "atone" means to fix the problem. None of the actual problem was fixed, and God - despite his amazing conceit and persecution complex - was not the victim.

It satisfied the justice of God, while enabling him to justly pardon guilty sinners.
So if someone harms someone else, it "satisfies justice" to kill an innocent person?

And if you think that's not fair, then you're saying you don't need atonement.
No, I'm telling you there is no "atonement". None of the damage done, has been rectified.

And if you die thinking that, you'll go to Hell.
Says you and your silly stories. And even many "Christians" don't believe that... any more.

All for whom Christ died will, at some point in their life, be made to see that they need Christ's atonement.
But that's just the problem. You say Christ died for them, and yet it does nothing for them. It's just another needless death.

And God will assure them that Christ made full atonement for their sins, and they will rest in his finished work and believe in him.
Again, "atonement" means to make amends for the damage done. If Howard is still injured, his wife is still raped, his home is still damaged and his property is still gone.... then there has been no "atonement"!

I told you that the atonement reconciled sinners to God.

How many times do I have to repeat that?

Not at all. Repeating it is pointless because it doesn't answer the question. God isn't the victim!

If you punch me in the nose, and Dr Obvious goes and jumps off a a cliff, it does NOTHING to heal my nose. So there is no atonement. And if people do harmful things to each other, and Jesus hammers himself to a cross and hangs around there until he dies, it doesn't do anything to account, reconcile, repair, correct, or rectify the harm done to people, by people. And in order for "atonement" to occur, the actual damage would have to be fixed, reconciled, repaired, corrected or otherwise amended to provide restitution.

If I break your window, costing you $100 in repairs, and then I hand my brother $100 for him to keep, did I "atone" for breaking your window? You need to spend a little time with a dictionary and learn what these words actually mean. Christianity has you so messed up that you can't even grasp the concept of making amends anymore. If I harm Douglas or damage what is his, then I need to make amends with Douglas, not Troy, not Alfred, not Steve, not Jennifer, not God and not God's alter-ego, Jesus!... Douglas. If I cause harm/loss to Douglas, then for "atonement" to occur, I have to make amends to Douglas. Anything else is not "atonement".
Forums Home > Religion

Atonement - NOT!Posted 4 years Ago

At 8/22/2014 7:27:23 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:
At 8/22/2014 6:52:16 PM, Beastt wrote:
Atonement is to rectify a situation; to correct it, fix it, or repair it. So how is anything "atoned" for by the death of a Jew 2,000 years ago (if one even believes that story)?

Larry breaks into Howard's house, assaults Howard, rapes his wife, steals his valuables, and later "finds Christ". We are told that through the death of Jesus, Larry's sins have been atoned for.

Is Howard's wife unraped?
Do Howard's injuries miraculously heal over-night?
Are Howard's possessions returned to him?
Does Jesus repair the damage to Howard's home?
If Howard dies from his injuries, is he miraculously resurrected?

None of those things are accomplished by the atonement Christ made.
Then there was no "atonement". Christians don't seem to understand what the word means.

That wasn't the purpose of the atonement.

Just exactly what was fixed, repaired, corrected or replaced by the death of a Jew in ancient Rome?

The atonement reconciled sinners to God.
That didn't "atone" for anything. To "atone" means to fix the problem. None of the actual problem was fixed, and God - despite his amazing conceit and persecution complex - was not the victim.

It satisfied the justice of God, while enabling him to justly pardon guilty sinners.
So if someone harms someone else, it "satisfies justice" to kill an innocent person?

And if you think that's not fair, then you're saying you don't need atonement.
No, I'm telling you there is no "atonement". None of the damage done, has been rectified.

And if you die thinking that, you'll go to Hell.
Says you and your silly stories. And even many "Christians" don't believe that... any more.

All for whom Christ died will, at some point in their life, be made to see that they need Christ's atonement.
But that's just the problem. You say Christ died for them, and yet it does nothing for them. It's just another needless death.

And God will assure them that Christ made full atonement for their sins, and they will rest in his finished work and believe in him.
Again, "atonement" means to make amends for the damage done. If Howard is still injured, his wife is still raped, his home is still damaged and his property is still gone.... then there has been no "atonement"!
Forums Home > Religion

Why do atheists...Posted 4 years Ago

At 8/22/2014 3:26:01 PM, Dr_Obvious wrote:

Here's what you should do. If you really want to find God, you just have to do one thing. Say a little prayer. It doesn't matter that you're not convinced that God exists. Ask God, "If you really exist, then reveal yourself to me" The Bible tells us that God will reveal himself to those who seek him. But you have to look. From your post, I assume, if you found convincing evidence for God, you'd worship him. There are many online resources that you can use in your search. You can find God, but you have to want it with all of your heart. If you have any questions, just ask.

Which I have done. I did that when my fiance was fighting cancer. I was willing to try anything and I gave it a sincere try, along with hospital staff, friends and family who were all praying for her.

She died about a year ago.
Forums Home > Religion

Need help...Posted 4 years Ago

At 8/22/2014 7:17:36 PM, Idealist1 wrote:
I know this is not a religious topic, but could someone tell me who to contact concerning a problem with my account on this site? I'm asking here because it seems to be the most active forum. Any help would be appreciated.

You can at least start by sending a message to airmax1227

He's a moderator for the board. If he can't help you fix the problem, I assume he should know where to direct you.
Forums Home > Religion

Jesus and human sacrificePosted 4 years Ago

At 8/22/2014 10:26:45 AM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:

(Real) Christians don't base their beliefs on weighing "evidence", they believe the testimony of Scripture.

And what is "scripture"? It's any writing that one of the foolish appointees of a corrupt emperor decided to give his own personal blessing. The men who dubbed certain texts "scripture" lived 300 years after the time of Jesus, obviously never knew Jesus, were not privy to any of the claimed events of the New Testament, never knew anyone who knew Jesus, and weren't even seen as of any notable intellect by their own peers. And it took them 42-years of infighting, attrition and political scheming to finally arrive at a consensus of what was "scripture" and what was "heresy".
Forums Home > Religion

Suspended for Bless You?Posted 4 years Ago

At 8/22/2014 7:06:48 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 8/22/2014 4:48:58 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 8/22/2014 2:34:38 PM, sovereigngracereigns wrote:

Keep on slandering God's people.
What a convenient bigotry kit. It's labelled "God's people". To use, simply open it and add yourself. Shake. Now you're better than everyone else.

But if God leaves you to yourself, you'll go to Hell.
And if people still don't believe you, send them to an imaginary dungeon of eternal fire.

Oh no. Say it ain't so. Not the imaginary dungeon, anything but that.

...oh well, I tried. Does he realize it takes belief in his god for that threat to work, and atheists by definition don't believe?

If I recall correctly, the threat issued from one self-proclaimed "Christian", to another self-proclaimed "Christian". No Christian is a "true Christian" to another Christian. It's a very exclusive club; just Jesus and one (unnamed) Christian follower. Everyone else is a poser.
Forums Home > Religion

God and MiraclesPosted 4 years Ago

It seems that the claim is rising that God does not perform miracles, and that anyone who suggests otherwise is a "fool". (I believe the Bible suggests Jesus had something to say about calling others "fools".)

And if God does not perform miracles, yet still answers prayer without leaving any physical evidence of his intervention, how is that possible?

Has the idea that God sometimes uses miracles to answer prayers been completely abandoned by modern Christianity?

---
Matthew 5:22
- "But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."
Forums Home > Religion