MadCornishBiker
MadCornishBiker's Forum Posts

How do theists solve moral ambiguity?Posted 1 year Ago

At 3/11/2018 4:13:55 PM, Smithereens wrote:
Theists hold morality to be objective. For Christians, the source of the moral code is the bible.

Question: Are moral values that aren't discussed in the bible still objective?

If not, objective morality is not a thing, because the existence of some subjective morals would show that the determinate of moral correctness can be sufficiently defined by humanity. We don't actually need a god to be the standard of right and wrong for us, thus subjective morality is an antithesis to christian moral theology.

If so, objective morality is universally true and all moral dilemmas have a correct answer. This meets the problem of epistemology. Something which is objectively true about humanity should be able to be shown in some way to be true. However morals such as 'Don't waste' are not associated with any method of determining it's truthfulness, as none exist. The final determinate of the truthfulness of the claim stops at the agent making it. This means the claim is subjective.

Either way, all morally ambiguous claims are evidence of moral subjectivity and the bible does not provide a comprehensive moral code to determine right from wrong.

In syllogism:
1. If morality is objective, all moral statements have a definitive value.
2. There are moral statements that do not have a definitive value
C: Morality is not objective.

Final thought: If the moral correctness of something is instantiated by God's will for that claim to be morally correct/incorrect, then moral claims that aren't discussed in the biblical manifest of God's will are either unknowable or not morally meaningful. All christians hold many moral values that aren't revealed in the bible, thus christians hold to moral claims that are either unknowable or morally meaningless.

With Jehovah there is no normal ambiguity, nor is there with his servants, his son's slaves.

However few choose to understand the morality behind everything Jehovah does and has ever done, and thus they slander Jehovah and Christ.
Forums Home > Religion

Christians only is the Holy Spirit...Posted 1 year Ago

At 3/16/2018 5:46:13 PM, graceofgod wrote:
for all believers to receive??

or was it just for the original apostles??

opinions please...

To varying degrees it is for all serious seekers of truth. Why do I say that?

2 Corinthians 4:3,4

As Paul points out, Satan is doing all he can to prevent people finding the truth and gaining salvation.

That is why, since his casting down to the earth he has created many thousands of false Christian churches, to bury the true faith under a pile of fakes.

So Christ not only has the original Apostasy which brought about the Eastern Orthodox church and the Roman Church when it schismed, the Roman Church then morphed into a powerful political force under Constantine, and just over 1 millennia letter split into about 6 pieces during the reformation. That was enough when Satan was still causing trouble in heaven, but once he was cast down to the earth, knowing his time was short (Revelation chapter 12) he stepped up his divisive plan to produce the number of fake Christian churches, because he knew Jehovah would be gathering real truth seekers to his son's side, just as he did when his son walked the earth in Jesus flesh.

If we stand a chance of learning the truth, we have to be open to the leading of Jehovah's spirit today, as it removes Satan's veil and opens our eyes.

Every human being has a tiny portion of Jehovah's spirit passed on to us by our parents at conception. Without that spirit we would not be alive, and as Paul points out it is that spirit, "our spirit" which Jehovah authorises his son to use to communicate with us, to counter Satan's efforts.

As we progress in learning the truth about Jehovah, and about his son (John 17:3), we benefit from more and more of Jehovah's spirit enabling us to understand, retain, and recall at need more and more of Jehovah's word.

Occassionally Christ uses his father's spirit to guide one of his servants to someone who is earnestly praying for enlightenment, just as he guided Philip to the Ethiopian Eunuch to help him understand.

So, yes, Jehovah's spirit is for all, it keeps us alive, but unless we are genuinely, and passionately interested in truth above all else, that is all it will do for us.
Forums Home > Religion

Where does the bible sayPosted 1 year Ago

At 3/15/2018 6:13:22 AM, Mingodalia wrote:
At 3/15/2018 6:09:07 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/13/2018 5:29:52 AM, bulproof wrote:
God's kingdom is outside of the universe?
Or are godists just fabricating new bibles as they go?

The Bible points out in several places that the seat of God's Kingdom is in heaven, from where Christ first rules, and then his father Jehovah takes over from him after the 1,000 years Revelation 20.

However the territory over which that Kingdom holds domain is the Earth. It is on the Earth that humanity will, after Armageddon, in absolute peace and security.

That is the promise made in the Bible, no matter how poor the translation may be.

JW eh MCB?

In my core beliefs yes, because they are the only ones worth following, all the others only lead to destruction in the judgement. Matthewb7:13,14; 7:21-23.
Forums Home > Religion

What does it really mean...Posted 1 year Ago

At 3/15/2018 5:08:26 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
At 3/15/2018 2:02:40 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 3/7/2018 6:39:50 PM, ThinkFirst wrote:
...to make the statement, "I am a christian?"

I'm curious about both believers and non-believers, in this respect.

How broad or narrow are the implications of MAKING that statement, to you (believers)?

Moreover, how broad or narrow are the implications of HEARING that statement, to you (believers and non-believers)?

Are there certain assumptions that you make about a person's trustworthiness, morality, integrity, or value, when you hear someone make that statement before you get to know them? I know that there are assumptions I make, when I hear someone that I don't know make that statement. I'm curious to know if believers make any assumptions about an individual when they hear that...

The reason I ask is very specific... In recent years, fewer and fewer people seem to place any real stock in faith and religion. Fewer and fewer people can actually state, with any certainty, what their doctrinal beliefs ARE, let alone why or how they apply. In our country (USA), christianity (in general) has become increasingly obscure in its definition. I'm wondering if the implications of claiming christianity are becoming equally obscure, by extension.

When someone tells me that they believe in God it doesn't bother me. I make no assumptions because I see it as being a way for them to achieve self actualization and an understanding of the world around them. Not an intellectual understanding, any moron can watch a documentary on the geological history of earth or the history of mankind and walk away with at least a little academic understanding.

As for why it seems that there are less people who subscribe to religious dogma. I think it is because there is more information available now than ever before. New philosophical questions are taking the place of old ones based on our understanding of science and even in some instances the entertainment we partake in (sometimes I think religion originated as a form of self expression and dare I say, entertainment).

Here's an example of people taking part in new wild belief systems: the simulated universe theories. Some people are completely convinced we are a complex program. There is no good way to prove we live in a simulated universe, can't disprove it either. Sound familiar? Wait! Are the programmers God?! Ugh! People will be people.

Religion evolves as our cultural preferences change and scientific understanding advances. That's really all there is to it. People will always seek self actualization, and most will try to find it outside of themselves through other people, God, and bizarre forms of entertainment. God isn't going away... it's just evolving.

I rather like this response. It is among the most considered responses I've received. I would only change one thing: It isn't "gawd" that's "evolving." It's the PERCEPTION of the existence of a gawd that is evolving... I, personally, don't perceive one. I make allowances for the (future) discovery that one exists. I simply reject all those that assert that one has already been found.

The problem is that since religion evolves it moves away from God who has no need to change.
Forums Home > Religion

What does it really mean...Posted 1 year Ago

At 3/15/2018 7:10:27 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 3/15/2018 6:02:34 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/14/2018 3:12:02 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 3/13/2018 10:18:44 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 3/13/2018 10:15:03 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 3/13/2018 9:52:30 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 3/13/2018 5:54:44 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 3/13/2018 5:50:26 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 3/13/2018 5:48:19 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 3/13/2018 5:37:39 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 3/13/2018 5:35:10 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 3/13/2018 5:26:34 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 3/13/2018 5:24:12 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 3/13/2018 4:56:02 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 3/13/2018 4:50:25 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 3/13/2018 4:45:47 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 3/13/2018 4:39:26 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 3/13/2018 4:37:12 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 3/13/2018 10:25:56 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 3/7/2018 7:56:16 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

While I understand the genuine desire for true spirituality is on the decline (as compared to secularism), I do not believe this baloney that fewer and fewer people are putting less stock in religion or faith, while atheism might be on a higher rise at the moment the nature of man will always seek out spirituality, that will never die, never. Religions may fall by the way side, but only to open new doors. Exciting doors.

great answer..

Yet, it's nothing more than wishful thinking in the face of theological decline in the world.

why don't you post the whole answer that was given, or did it scare you too much...lol

Hello Gog! Glad to see you, too! It would appear scientists are making headway with identifying your problem, looks like there may be some hope for you yet.

http://www.debate.org...

Is it as bad as you being terrified of something you claim cannot exist...lol

So, you still haven't figured out that people make threats? Wow, your stupidity knows no bounds. At the very least, science may help you with that some day, so keep a stiff upper lip as you navigate through life with your impediment.

So you still haven't worked out why you are threatened and scared of something you claim does not exist...lol

Still showing how utterly stupid you are, is there some reason you wish to convey that fact over and over to us?

you are scared and threatened by something you claim does not exist and you are calling me stupid...lol

Yes, you are stupid because you don't even understand the very simple concept of threats and the fact people make them. Children understand this concept, but you don't.

and children understand not to be scared of the bogey man...but you seemingly don't...lol

Gog continues to flog his dead horse, embracing stupidity with no bounds.

goldtit scared and threatened by something they claim does not exist,lol
how dumb...

You exist and you are making threats. YOU are the one to be feared. Does this simple concept not get through your thick skull? Are you really that stupid?

lol you are threatened by something you deny exists, that is so dumb...

You exist and you are making threats, you are the one to be feared. If you can give me your contact information, I'll alert the local authorities in your area to make sure they have you checked out, perhaps suggest a psychological evaluation.

lol so i can send you to hell, very interesting, you claim Hell does not exist... you need help...

Hell exist alright, but depending on the Bible translation you use it is also called Hades, Sheol or the grave.

It is also thrown into the Lake of fire to be destroyed as the last few verses of Revelation 20 make clear.

Therefore it cannot be a place, but is in fact the state of seamless sleep known as death.
Death isn't sleep. Your mummy was trying to protect your limited intellect from the truth ie death is the end.

It is not a place of eternal torment, something which a loving God would never even think about since it is completely with point or usefulness, so the word "eternal" in that context can only be figurative.
If you have to protect your fearful little non soul from the alleged truth of the bible it's figurative.
A god who commands infanticide isn't squeamish about a little torture.

Except you choose to ignore the fact that at the time and in the circumstances it was infinitely more humane than leaving then to starve or die of thirst.

You are simply afraid of the truth because it shows how dumb you are, and in running from truth you reveal what you wish to hide, lol.
Forums Home > Religion

What does it really mean...Posted 1 year Ago

At 3/15/2018 10:12:26 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 3/15/2018 6:02:34 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/14/2018 3:12:02 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 3/13/2018 10:18:44 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 3/13/2018 10:15:03 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 3/13/2018 9:52:30 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 3/13/2018 5:54:44 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 3/13/2018 5:50:26 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 3/13/2018 5:48:19 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 3/13/2018 5:37:39 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 3/13/2018 5:35:10 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 3/13/2018 5:26:34 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 3/13/2018 5:24:12 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 3/13/2018 4:56:02 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 3/13/2018 4:50:25 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 3/13/2018 4:45:47 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 3/13/2018 4:39:26 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 3/13/2018 4:37:12 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 3/13/2018 10:25:56 AM, graceofgod wrote:
At 3/7/2018 7:56:16 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

While I understand the genuine desire for true spirituality is on the decline (as compared to secularism), I do not believe this baloney that fewer and fewer people are putting less stock in religion or faith, while atheism might be on a higher rise at the moment the nature of man will always seek out spirituality, that will never die, never. Religions may fall by the way side, but only to open new doors. Exciting doors.

great answer..

Yet, it's nothing more than wishful thinking in the face of theological decline in the world.

why don't you post the whole answer that was given, or did it scare you too much...lol

Hello Gog! Glad to see you, too! It would appear scientists are making headway with identifying your problem, looks like there may be some hope for you yet.

http://www.debate.org...

Is it as bad as you being terrified of something you claim cannot exist...lol

So, you still haven't figured out that people make threats? Wow, your stupidity knows no bounds. At the very least, science may help you with that some day, so keep a stiff upper lip as you navigate through life with your impediment.

So you still haven't worked out why you are threatened and scared of something you claim does not exist...lol

Still showing how utterly stupid you are, is there some reason you wish to convey that fact over and over to us?

you are scared and threatened by something you claim does not exist and you are calling me stupid...lol

Yes, you are stupid because you don't even understand the very simple concept of threats and the fact people make them. Children understand this concept, but you don't.

and children understand not to be scared of the bogey man...but you seemingly don't...lol

Gog continues to flog his dead horse, embracing stupidity with no bounds.

goldtit scared and threatened by something they claim does not exist,lol
how dumb...

You exist and you are making threats. YOU are the one to be feared. Does this simple concept not get through your thick skull? Are you really that stupid?

lol you are threatened by something you deny exists, that is so dumb...

You exist and you are making threats, you are the one to be feared. If you can give me your contact information, I'll alert the local authorities in your area to make sure they have you checked out, perhaps suggest a psychological evaluation.

lol so i can send you to hell, very interesting, you claim Hell does not exist... you need help...

Hell exist alright, but depending on the Bible translation you use it is also called Hades, Sheol or the grave.

It is also thrown into the Lake of fire to be destroyed as the last few verses of Revelation 20 make clear.

Therefore it cannot be a place, but is in fact the state of seamless sleep known as death.

It is not a place of eternal torment, something which a loving God would never even think about since it is completely with point or usefulness, so the word "eternal" in that context can only be figurative.

the jw death sleep is not scriptural, it's just another made up jw doctrine...

It is 100% scriptural.

Jesus told his disciples that he was going to wake Lazarus from sleep, and because, like you, they failed to understand he has to explain that he meant Lazarus.

When the Apostle Stephen was stoned to death, the writer of Acts, Luke, described him as falling asleep in death, which is exactly how the apostles described dying on many occassions.

Not only do you have to, as always, resort to lies to defend your rotten faith, but as always you tell lies that are so easy to disprove.

Just proves that either you are stupid, or your believe your readers are too stupid to read their Bible's.
Forums Home > Religion

How Did God Create The Universe?Posted 1 year Ago

At 3/15/2018 6:18:09 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/15/2018 6:14:19 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/15/2018 3:05:21 AM, dee-em wrote:
For those who believe in a creator god, please explain how said god created the universe. The problem is time. Time is a property of our space-time universe. Therefore the alleged creator god must have done the creation outside of time. However, it is only meaningful to talk about creating something if there was a moment where it did not exist and then a moment where it did, ie. creation is a temporal (time-based) concept.

How do theists (and deists) resolve this dilemma?

Jehovah created time in the instant in which he created the first thing which could change its state as time passed.

You have failed to understand the dilemma. Please try again when you can comprehend the OP.

There is no dilemma. Scriptures give us all the answer we need, and science gives us a few extra.

After all, nuclear explosions reveal even more detail of how Jehovah created matter, by compressing energy. I didn't go that deep because I was not sure your brain can handle it. After all you find it so difficult to understand the obvious evidence of Jehovah's existence. If you can't comprehend something that obvious, what chance of you understanding anything?
Forums Home > Religion

How Did God Create The Universe?Posted 1 year Ago

At 3/15/2018 7:00:58 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 3/15/2018 6:17:03 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 3/15/2018 4:39:23 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/15/2018 3:50:50 AM, Mingodalia wrote:
At 3/15/2018 3:05:21 AM, dee-em wrote:
For those who believe in a creator god, please explain how said god created the universe. The problem is time. Time is a property of our space-time universe. Therefore the alleged creator god must have done the creation outside of time. However, it is only meaningful to talk about creating something if there was a moment where it did not exist and then a moment where it did, ie. creation is a temporal (time-based) concept.

How do theists (and deists) resolve this dilemma?

In theory, God just is and everything "is" in abstract form to us. Nothing begins or ends. God just manifests whichever of these things he chooses infinitely. He never hasn't been. He never will be. The same for everything and everyone. He just is. We just are.

Please answer the OP question if you can. "God works in mysterious ways" only works on children. Thank you.

It is also applicable to the way Jehovah thinks, which is in fact not mysterious at all since his thinking is carefullybrevealed in the Bible, as well as in the life of his son while incarnate.

Look folks his gob is so simple that mad can understand his thoughts.

Lol, anyone could who knows the Bible because Christ imitated his father and gave us the perfect example

God wants to be understood. Simple as that.
Forums Home > Religion

How Did God Create The Universe?Posted 1 year Ago

At 3/15/2018 4:39:23 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 3/15/2018 3:50:50 AM, Mingodalia wrote:
At 3/15/2018 3:05:21 AM, dee-em wrote:
For those who believe in a creator god, please explain how said god created the universe. The problem is time. Time is a property of our space-time universe. Therefore the alleged creator god must have done the creation outside of time. However, it is only meaningful to talk about creating something if there was a moment where it did not exist and then a moment where it did, ie. creation is a temporal (time-based) concept.

How do theists (and deists) resolve this dilemma?

In theory, God just is and everything "is" in abstract form to us. Nothing begins or ends. God just manifests whichever of these things he chooses infinitely. He never hasn't been. He never will be. The same for everything and everyone. He just is. We just are.

Please answer the OP question if you can. "God works in mysterious ways" only works on children. Thank you.

It is also applicable to the way Jehovah thinks, which is in fact not mysterious at all since his thinking is carefullybrevealed in the Bible, as well as in the life of his son while incarnate.
Forums Home > Religion

How Did God Create The Universe?Posted 1 year Ago

At 3/15/2018 3:05:21 AM, dee-em wrote:
For those who believe in a creator god, please explain how said god created the universe. The problem is time. Time is a property of our space-time universe. Therefore the alleged creator god must have done the creation outside of time. However, it is only meaningful to talk about creating something if there was a moment where it did not exist and then a moment where it did, ie. creation is a temporal (time-based) concept.

How do theists (and deists) resolve this dilemma?

Jehovah created time in the instant in which he created the first thing which could change its state as time passed.

As for how he created the answer is simple. He created it from the pure energy which is his very substance, and created it one particle at a time, forming physical matter from energy.

That is why, whenever a particle of any sort is destroyed energy is released in one form or another.
Forums Home > Religion