"Black People"Posted 7 years Ago

At 2/9/2013 3:08:49 PM, poorlydrawnelephant wrote:
vocalizing a string of sounds into an inherent meaning? please save the hippy garbage for the drum circle.

It's not "hippy garbage". It's reality.
Forums Home > Society

"Black People"Posted 7 years Ago

At 2/9/2013 2:28:25 PM, Franz_Reynard wrote:
At 2/9/2013 2:03:00 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 2/9/2013 2:18:00 AM, Franz_Reynard wrote:
She me one case under which "black" or "darkness" is used in a positive way, and I'll change my mind.

When referring to black people without a malicious intent...

No such thing. The only reason to refer to someone's "blackness" at all is with at least acknowledgement of malice, but with some underlying malicious intent, because otherwise, there is absolutely no purpose to refer to it whatsoever.

Uhhh...what?

No, that's completely ridiculous. I have black friends who use the word "black" to describe themselves and others. I use it. We use it merely as a method of describing what someone looks like. Without a hint of malice.

You make these insane absolutist claims, that are so easily shown false.
Forums Home > Society

"Black People"Posted 7 years Ago

At 2/9/2013 1:35:48 PM, Oryus wrote:
However, in a sentence where he should have used the word "women," he literally used the word "b!tches."

Oh, did he now? That makes far more sense. Yeah, that was out of line. Well, if he was being serious that is.

He goes even farther with his advocacy of women to say that porn is always bad for women- and then puts an almost naked picture of a woman as his avatar.

That is pretty hypocritical.
Forums Home > Society

"Black People"Posted 7 years Ago

At 2/9/2013 4:35:58 AM, Oryus wrote:
At 2/9/2013 4:32:21 AM, The_Chaos_Heart wrote:
At 2/9/2013 4:21:50 AM, Oryus wrote:
Anyway, I resent you calling women b1tches and think it's interesting that you advocate women's issues and yet compare men to women as an insult to the men and keep an avatar of a half-naked woman. Interesting. What a hodge-podge of paradoxical things you are :)

Kay, the bolded is really strange, and I see the flaws of it, but the others I don't have a problem with so much. The more nudity becomes acceptable, the better to me. And calling someone a b*tch, while perhaps a display of poor character or anger control, isn't really a crime against specifically women.

But now we're derailing the discussion, not that there was one to begin with I suppose.

What's wrong with the bolded? It isnt clear or you understand it and disagree?

I understand it and disagree. I think he's flawed in saying that comparing men and women is an insult to men. I think he's wrong there. So I agree with your criticism of him on that part.

I disagree with your other criticisms though.
Forums Home > Society

"Black People"Posted 7 years Ago

At 2/9/2013 4:21:50 AM, Oryus wrote:
Anyway, I resent you calling women b1tches and think it's interesting that you advocate women's issues and yet compare men to women as an insult to the men and keep an avatar of a half-naked woman. Interesting. What a hodge-podge of paradoxical things you are :)

Kay, the bolded is really strange, and I see the flaws of it, but the others I don't have a problem with so much. The more nudity becomes acceptable, the better to me. And calling someone a b*tch, while perhaps a display of poor character or anger control, isn't really a crime against specifically women.

But now we're derailing the discussion, not that there was one to begin with I suppose.
Forums Home > Society

"Black People"Posted 7 years Ago

You're not even bothering to make rational, coherent posts at this point.

I've also been informed by someone else that you are drunk right now.

Thus, I see no reason to continue this discussion with an inebriated individual.
Forums Home > Society

"Black People"Posted 7 years Ago

At 2/9/2013 3:17:30 AM, Franz_Reynard wrote:
And, do you know why? Because when people try to have serious conversations about anthropology, stupid assses bring up martial arts, shopping, and Star Wars.

Again, you're trying to cherrypick evidence.

You asked for one situation. You have bee provided with well over that.

Quit your whining.
Forums Home > Society

"Black People"Posted 7 years Ago

At 2/9/2013 3:17:20 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Oh, oh! What about black tie? Those parties are pretty swell =D

Yeah, in fact, black suits are the official wear of the professional world, and to not wear them is considered bad.
Forums Home > Society

"Black People"Posted 7 years Ago

At 2/9/2013 3:11:23 AM, Franz_Reynard wrote:
At 2/9/2013 3:08:27 AM, The_Chaos_Heart wrote:
At 2/9/2013 3:05:27 AM, Franz_Reynard wrote:
Most forms of martial arts do not use a belt system.

Irrelevant. That has no bearing on the philosophies taught by the ones which do, and the philosophies of those forms of martial arts.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Stick to shopping.

Brilliant comeback. *rollseyes*
Forums Home > Society

"Black People"Posted 7 years Ago

At 2/9/2013 3:10:53 AM, Franz_Reynard wrote:
Yin and yang = little bit of darkness/mostly light; little bit of light/mostly darkness.

I'm not even going to go into this; but you have the interpretation entirely wrong.

Actually, no, you do. The idea of "good and bad" in terms of the Yin and Yang is a western interpretation; in Taoist thought, neither are good or bad. Just opposing forces.

The yin and the yang is not amoral, it is simply complimentary opposing forces.

You do realize that you just disproved your own argument, right?

Simply opposing forces = amoral.

Amoral =/= immoral.

But, whatever.

Indeed. "Whatever".
Forums Home > Society

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.