Lookingatissues
hhhweras

. . . . Is Illinois Lottery really a game of chance or something else.

Lookingatissues

Pro

If I would place this debate under a IMAGE, I would show a Image of a " pair of loaded dice, " because I feel that the Illinois Lottery isn't a game of chance but just another way of exacting money for the government from the working class citizens or "retribution, " Another issue with this Illinois Lottery is that very seldom does any one from the state of Illinois ever wins this " lottery game of Chance, " but selected states, Like New York, And California, Mysteriously seem to come up with winners. Perhaps this Illinois Lottery is just another way of extracting a hidden tax, But whatever this " so-called, " Game of Chance, " is one in which Illinois citizens lose.
hhhweras

Con

I'm from Indiana, So close enough to Illinois, I guess.

It's a lottery, The company doesn't go around looking at a list of people and picking there favorite citizens. By opening the lottery to others around the country, Yes, The state does make more money. However I would just call that good business. As for the part about California, And New York winning the lottery all the time, That's because they have a huge majority of people compared to Illinois. It couldn't be a hidden tax because the lottery is optional, Taxes aren't. I also don't see how Illinois citizens would lose, Since the money made from the lottery goes to the state of Illinois. The Illinois lottery is just a company that happens to give its profits to the Illinois state government, And is hardly a rigged system.
Lookingatissues

Pro

Thank you for your taking the time to give your opinion of the Illinois lottery, Whether its a loaded game that Illinois Citizen can't win by playing the game.
In your rebuttal you posted the following: "It's a lottery, The company doesn't go around looking at a list of people and picking there favorite citizens. . . . "
Sotheseedsofliberty2: The Illinois lottery officials who run the game are no doubt representative of a particular Political party. The three states, Illinois, California, And New York, Are also dominated and controlled by the democrat Party. As an example of democrat state control, Springfield Illinois is dominated by the democrat party. The Former President Barack Obama came from the city of Chicago, Illinois and Hillary Clinton, The former First lady and former Secretary of state came from Illinois as well. To suggest that 3 states dominated by democrat political activists couldn't favor other states predominately of the democrat party wouldn't seem to be too much of a stretch of the imagine. The Illinois Lottery is a State Ran game, Controlled and ran by democrats.
In your response to my argument you replied, . . . . " As for the part about California, And New York winning the lottery all the time, That's because they have a huge majority of people compared to Illinois. . . " In this answer to my statement about the Illinois lottery being a rigged game in which the citizens can't win playing the game you perhaps also verified the truth of my supposition that Its not unreasonable to think that the democrat party would want to pander to states which also had the larger portion of democrat voters in them.
hhhweras

Con

hhhweras forfeited this round.
Lookingatissues

Pro

Lookingatissues forfeited this round.
hhhweras

Con

hhhweras forfeited this round.
Posted by FanboyMctroll 3 years ago
FanboyMctroll
You can say that about any lottery in any state or country.

The only choice you have is NOT to play